• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Our 6 new babies :)

Started by Kat Kanning, March 29, 2011, 09:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Jim Johnson

Pat K

You have to get them little awning shirts.

littlehawk

Hot chicks!

Are they for eggs or meat?

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

CurtHowland

Did chickens when I lived in California. It was wonderful to be in control of my food supply to some degree, but taking a vacation becomes impossible.

Russell Kanning

that is why I don't even try to be self sufficient .... I need others to help me sometimes :)
cooperation with decent folks is fun and tasty

littlehawk

Community Self Sufficiency is it. You can't do it alone.

Joe's got the cow, Jims smoking jerky, Kat's got the chickens and Lloyd's rasing turkeys.
Russellls making butter, Laurens bakin bread, huddle up together and end the fed. 

cathleeninnh

I babysat my neighbors chickens so they could get away. He cut down some trees blocking my winter sun. It is all good.

Read about a NH agri coop clinic being offered on chicken slaughtering. It said $50 to cover the cost of a live chicken. Now that sounds like the business to be in if a live chicken brings $50.

CurtHowland

When living with chickens in CA as noted above, I found a PDF from UC-Davis, the "agriculture" campus of the University of California system, on "How to butcher a chicken".

It's gross. 'Nuf said.