• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Trial for Bob Constantine "manufacturing" plants

Started by Free libertarian, March 31, 2011, 11:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sovereign Curtis

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 06, 2011, 11:07 AM NHFT
The bullshit laws and threats against people will never stop if we don't do something though.  It's easy to say "somebody ought to do something about that", then I drew the short straw and had to do a lot of self reflection when I became that "somebody".  That was a very hard choice.

I really didn't want to be the one in this position, but alot of brave people came before me and hopefully will after me. 

Once when  I was a little kid, I asked my dad how you win against bullies...he said, "never give up".  I don't plan on letting him down.

I hear you, Bob.

Sometimes I feel 'lucky' I was 'chosen' to fight this fight over 'just' 0.46 grams of Cannabis.
Sometimes the irony of such a tiny amount potentially sentencing me to 16 years in prison is just too much.

But how can we not stand up?
We dont have it in us to lay down, otherwise we wouldn't have done what we did to join this incredible community.

Maybe we'll both get 'lucky' and we can spend a few years as cellies.

Oh yea 31 attending, 53 maybe via the facebook event

Tom Sawyer

OK here is the sign I designed... The Grim Reefer will be holding it. I figure others signs will cover the other points.

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

John

Nice.

Folks can please support Bob by coming for a few hours, just the a.m., just the p.m., all day 1 day, mix and match, or all 3 days --- or whatever works for you.

Evan

Sign-making party at the man-cave tomorrow starting at 11am. Artists, both literary and visual, welcome.

Just a thought, what would happen if when they try to haul Bob away they discover he's already handcuffed together with a dozen or so activists singing Weeda Claus's Chronic Christmas Carols?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Evan on April 08, 2011, 05:03 PM NHFT
Just a thought, what would happen if when they try to haul Bob away they discover he's already handcuffed together with a dozen or so activists singing Weeda Claus's Chronic Christmas Carols?

Hilarity would ensue?

Free libertarian

Thanks to everybody for all the kind words.  Whether it's me, Curtis in his upcoming trial or somebody else being victimized in an inquisition style trial  down the road, WE are going to prevail eventually. The Drug Enforcement Empire has cracks in it, we need to keep sticking crowbars in those cracks, continue to educate people, keep pointing out the hypocrisy, keep on pushing and peaceful people will gain their freedom.

Some good news ...I had put in a motion of reconsideration seeking clarification of a recent court order concerning jury nullification arguments.

I have not seen a copy of the court's reply to my motion  yet, but I was advised by somebody that paraphrased it for me over a crackly cell phone connection that I will not be prevented from informing the jury of their inherent power to nullify.  So maybe now I have at least one "stone" in my sling to go against Goliath.

MikeforLiberty

If I could talk to the jury I would be sure they understood the difference between Law and statute. Law is superior, statutes are fallible. The judge will have the last word when he instructs the jury to follow Law, be sure they know that statute is not Law. A maxim of Law: A thing similar is never exactly the same. Statute is not Law.

I believe the Senate has a med. marijuana hearing on Thursday, the news of your acquittal should push it over the edge. 

John

Quote from: LACONIA on April 09, 2011, 08:13 PM NHFTthe news of your acquittal

;D

I have said to Bob and others - from day one of this mess - that if Bob gets a chance to talk to the jurors - as in being "fully heard" - Bob can do as well as anyone. Bob is a nice guy who has harmed no one, and any reasonably informed person with half-a-brain should be repulsed by the very idea of putting Bob in a prison cell and destroying his productive life.

I do not trust that they (the entire team who is working against Bob, including the EVIL judge) will actually let Bob be "fully heard" as they are required to do by the very rules they have sworn to uphold.

This is likely a trick designed to make Bob think that he will have this opportunity --- at the end of the trial --- to talk to the jury.

The EVIL judge and his persecuting team will want to use this trick to control Bob during their 3 day trial against him --- and then try to pull the rug out from under Bob.

Bob needs to be reaching those jurors at every step of the way from the moment they come into that room. The entire EVIL team against Bob is trained to get between Bob and those jurors. That is what they will be trying to do every day, all day long, during their 3 day trial against Bob.

They have given this trial 3 days not to give Bob a chance, but to give themselves 3 days to ware Bob down. If Bob can pace himself and keep reaching the jurors - each juror - each day - all day long - he can win.

If Bob is "fully heard," he will walk - and the jurors - each one of them - will walk away feeling proud of their  12 "not-guilty" votes.

KBCraig

John, that is exactly the most frustrating part of the process: trying to be heard by the jury. And I'm not even Bob, I'm just some guy behind a keyboard in Texas who hates that Bob (or Curtis or anyone else) is going through this crap.

The denial of raising legitimate exculpatory evidence, in the face of P1A15, is surely an appealable matter. But courts have their tricks: you have to raise the issue at trial for it to be appealable. An actual lawyer should probably chime in here, but I think Bob could get away with "At this time, the defense wishes to renew its objection XYZ ruling regarding medicinal use." That's not introducing it, so it's not contempt, but it's making sure the issue is on the official court transcript.

Russell Kanning

i would guess they will also try to bore everyone in the room for as long as possible .... the fun will be outside

Tom Sawyer

Silent_Bob

http://www.courts.state.nh.us/rules/sror/sror-h3-1.htm

RULES OF THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

PREFACE

As good cause appears and as justice may require, the court may waive the application of any rule.

"Good cause appears" in NH courts translates into "If it benefits the State". "Justice", remains undefined and largely ignored.

Lloyd Danforth

[Art.] 22. [Free Speech; Liberty of the Press.] Free speech and liberty of the press are essential to the security of freedom in a state: They ought, therefore, to be inviolably preserved.

June 2, 1784
Amended 1968 to include free speech