• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Trial for Bob Constantine "manufacturing" plants

Started by Free libertarian, March 31, 2011, 11:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: John on April 09, 2011, 10:20 PM NHFT

This is likely a trick designed to make Bob think that he will have this opportunity --- at the end of the trial --- to talk to the jury.

Groucho: "And now, members of the Cabinet, we'll take up old business."
Minister: "I wish to discuss the tariff."
Groucho: "Sit down, that's new business.  No old business? Very well -- then we'll take up new business."
Minister: "Now about that tariff..."
Groucho: "Too late -- that's old business...."

Well, it was a joke.

Tom Sawyer

A few thoughts and observations from the day events.

Traveling north under the darkening sky, a foreboding of what lie ahead for our friend Bob... some really nasty weather hit right as I got there.

Folks out on the highway welcomed me, I tooted the horn in response. John and others were right in front on the sidewalk. My first indication they might not be ball buster cops. A line of cars, in the first row in front of the building, had NHJury.com signs in their windows. Later in the day one of the bailiffs went out and took pictures of those cars.

As usual most of the time the more boisterous/entertaining interactions are before the court convenes. Ian made an issue out of electronic devices such as his computer being prohibited. He engaged the bailiffs, sheriffs deputies and court clerk for quite a long time without being forcible removed. Giving the rest of the folks a chance to play rodeo clowns in helping confuse and divert the bulls from him. Nicely done Ian, just the right balance of standing up for yourself verse sounding angry or nuts.

Bob did a really good job representing himself... as far as the courts restriction allow. He bumped into the issues of medical, no victim, and some other areas repeatedly from different angles... often to the prosechick's objection. But, you can't unring a bell so the jury knows there are elements that the court is keeping from them.

Undercover cop wearing a ski mask to not be photographed in the lobby... although I missed see him with it on because he had removed by the time he enter the court room.

Cop number two got caught lying about how many times he had been to Bob's property. And seemed pretty uncomfortable to be on the weaker end of a situation.

A hat incident that I should perhaps let someone else relate... although Richard will be happy to hear that it culminated in Evan leading us in singing weedaclaus song while in chains. The Emperor Rules  hahaha

KBCraig

Thanks for the report. I followed Jason Talley's live-blogging on Facebook, and it sounded like Bob was doing a fine job despite being gagged and muzzled by the judge.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on April 11, 2011, 07:13 PM NHFT
Thanks for the report. I followed Jason Talley's live-blogging on Facebook, and it sounded like Bob was doing a fine job despite being gagged and muzzled by the judge.

Jason... the only guy with any electronics allowed... although Ian was allowed to have his audio recorder. Everyone else had to leave cell phone etc in their car.

John

Great to see everyone today! Thanks.
I hope more can make it for day 2.

Folks can please support Bob by coming for a few hours, just the a.m., just the p.m., all day 1 day, mix and match, or all 3 days --- or whatever works for you.

John

Some folks came to Peaceful Assembly Church for food after today's court.
Another batch of Peaceful Assembly Comfort food will be available tomorrow.

Lloyd Danforth

I saw Melissa Pierce, the Prosecutor take what appeared to be a cap off the microphone on her podium.
When the trial ensued someone noticed the microphones weren't turned on. Someone hit a switch and there was a mercilessly long period of Feedback
In the movie, it will be '3' times longer.

Kat Kanning

Thanks for the updates, guys!  Been thinking about Bob all day.

KBCraig

Does any of the traditional news media cover the court?

MikeforLiberty

Quote from: KBCraig on April 11, 2011, 08:53 PM NHFT
Does any of the traditional news media cover the court?
The LAME stream media? No.

Did Evan get out?

John

Quote from: LACONIA on April 11, 2011, 09:29 PM NHFTDid Evan get out?

No. Warrant elswhere.

John

Russell Kanning

bum butabum .... Imperial

Breaching international protocol, the county of Grafton seized the Emperor of the city-state of Free Grafton. Our Ambassador is also in the foreign county and has other pressing engagements. At this time we do not know the local warlords demands against our beloved potentate.

Several members of the Shire (a loose confederation of city-states and individual land owners and pilgrims across the land) were in attendance supporting the freedom culture of Free Grafton. I almost felt sorry for the county court baliffs. It never wise to debate a libertarian with his own radio show.

I wonder who will play the part of Lloyd in the movie. I was thinking possible JasonT 30 years from now. :)
Hey Lloyd, what office do you hold in Free Grafton. You would have my nomination for secretary of state.
Is the state flag yellow and says NHJury on it?

Sovereign Curtis

At the trial now. The supposed concerned citizen is on the stand. Doesnt look like its doing much good. He hasnt helped Bob's case any, and the prosecutor made short work on the cross examination.

John

Jury is out ... Returning at 9 a.m.

Zim and I are scheduled to leave Peaceful Assembly Church no later than 6:30 a.m.

Lindsey came by, and she will also be driving at 6:30 from here. She has room for others but will not be able to stay all day.