• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Trial for Bob Constantine "manufacturing" plants

Started by Free libertarian, March 31, 2011, 11:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: littlehawk on April 13, 2011, 02:19 PM NHFT
Yes this is important because with a hung jury she has the "power" (gag) to either re-try the case or dismiss it.

Bob and the prosecutrix had a private meeting before she recommended a sentence, according to the CDEF updates. I believe she agreed to toss the felony in exchange for this sentence.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: KBCraig on April 13, 2011, 02:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: littlehawk on April 13, 2011, 02:19 PM NHFT
Yes this is important because with a hung jury she has the "power" (gag) to either re-try the case or dismiss it.

Bob and the prosecutrix had a private meeting before she recommended a sentence, according to the CDEF updates. I believe she agreed to toss the felony in exchange for this sentence.

This content is spread about a good bit and it would benefit the large potential audience to post links and other content here. It would also help drive more traffic to the linked to sites and improve search engine rankings.

I have put things into my signature area and suddenly there are 5000 plus links that point that direction (as an example).

We have a lurker audience that is larger than the inside group and some folks read post years after the event. I think that is one valuable purpose of a forum like this.

The conclusion of the event is only half of the mileage to be gained from these things... the story and it's propagation and longevity are the other half.

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on April 13, 2011, 04:25 PM NHFT
This content is spread about a good bit and it would benefit the large potential audience to post links and other content here. It would also help drive more traffic to the linked to sites and improve search engine rankings.

Good point. Here are the Liberty On Tour articles about the trial.

http://libertyontour.com/2011/04/12/free-farmer-bob/
http://libertyontour.com/2011/04/13/free-farmer-bob-day-two/
http://libertyontour.com/2011/04/14/we-could-all-learn-a-thing-or-two-from-bob-constantine/

Edited to add Day Three.

John

Just getting back ....

I believe (more about this belief later... ) "about half" of the jurors held to freedom on the BIG issues, but unfortunately, all were ready to convict on simple possession. Once Bob had "won" on the felonies, Bob felt comfortable finishing this mess by grabbing some minor control of the sentencing in the misdemeanor possession, and also, and MOST IMPORTANTLY to him, INSURING that the FELLONIES were DISSMISSED - WITH PREJUDICE.

With the proposed dismissing of the felonies Bob asked to make certain ..

Yes ... FELLONIES were DISSMISSED WITH PREJUDICE.

Kat Kanning

AntonLee

http://weedaclaus.chipin.com/bob-constantines-fine

to help with the money the state wants from Bob.

I'm glad Bob was able to get outta there alive.  Very sad that we couldn't make it.  Jaime and I have decided our first child's name is going to be Constantine (no joke).

big thanks to Bob, Talley, Evan, and the others providing information and standing up to the man.

highline

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 13, 2011, 05:10 PM NHFT
What does 'dismissed with prejudice' mean?

The state is barred from bringing the charges back.

jerryswife

I am so happy that they hung on the felony, acquittal would have been nicer. Very proud to know you, Bob.

littlehawk

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 13, 2011, 05:10 PM NHFT
What does 'dismissed with prejudice' mean?

a slam dunk. a done deal. finee'shed (that's french). done with. The End.  :)

The case can not be retried nor can any other claims/suits arise from it.

John

Sovereign Curtis

MaineShark

Most excellent.

The first thing (literally) I did when I got home from work today and got on my computer, was check to see what the results (if any) were.

I was expecting to read that he was convicted, but would be appealing the case.

"The jury hung, and the felony was dismissed" was not something I expected to see, but it was a pleasant surprise!

I'm not going to wax poetic about how I now have faith in the system.  The system is corrupt, and beyond redemption.  But I'm very happy that a few individuals were able to sit on a jury, and maintain enough integrity to resist that corrupt system, at least in a small way.  And most big victories are really made up of a bunch of small victories, anyway.

And a dear friend just became a grandmother - I've been hearing all sorts of good news, today! ;D

Joe

Free libertarian

Big THANK YOU  to everybody for all the support.   None of this would have been possible if the example of others hadn't inspired me and the continued support throughout hadn't been there.   

KBCraig

Congratulations, Bob! You did a great job!

I know the fine and 60 days will suck, but you had her in a position to drive a bargain, and you got what you could.

Now... let's all help take some of the sting out of that fine:

http://weedaclaus.chipin.com/bob-constantines-fine

The first is just a token. I hope to send more as soon as I find out if I'm getting paid next week.

Becky Thatcher

Congratulations Bob!! It's good to see at least someone on your jury had a conscience and a brain.  Will you be my lawyer if ever the need arises?  8)