• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Assbook Status

Started by dalebert, April 05, 2011, 09:25 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Quote from: Alex Libman on April 06, 2011, 12:24 PM NHFT
Of course it's just silly, because you and Shaw click "SHOW" all the time.

I don't think I've clicked "show" once since I put you on ignore.  I certainly don't do it "all the time".  When I said you were tedious and boring, I meant it.  I haven't even looked in your new thread that you're so proud of.  Why are you so obsessed with me?  You're like a nerdy loser fan or a fucking paparazzi.

QuoteIn spite of all the intellectual cowardice that you've exhibited in our little debates on gay aesthetics (and that's what it is, obviously, since we agree on politics 100%), I know that deep down you know where I'm coming from.

I do.  I know you're a sad, lonely person with an empty life who, like a kid throwing a tantrum, craves attention so badly that you'll engage in increasingly desperate behavior to get it and you don't care whether it's positive or negative, praise or anger or anything.

And now I'm ignoring you here as well.

dalebert

WTF?  Where's the ignore button?

Pat K

Alex Libman

Quote from: dalebert on April 06, 2011, 10:18 PM NHFT
[...]  WTF?  Where's the ignore button?

In times like this I'm glad I go through all the effort of making myself an easy target.  It exposes other people for what they really are.

dalebert

Quote from: Alex Libman on April 07, 2011, 12:21 AM NHFT
In times like this I'm glad I go through all the effort of making myself an easy target.  It exposes other people for what they really are.

People who have lives outside of arguing with people they've never met on message forums?

dalebert

Honest to fucking panentheist "god" though, mark my words, one of three things will happen:  there will be an ignore feature, Libman will be gone, or I will just delete my bookmarks to this forum and maybe pop in every 6 months to see if it has become tolerable again.  Trying to partake of a forum infested with trolls that I can't even put on ignore is like browsing websites with obnoxious seizure-inducing pop-up ads and no AdBlock addon.

Libman, you're welcome to chalk that up as a troll victory and masturbate to it.  I hardly even open more than two or three threads as it is, usually the same few threads every time I'm here, and I won't miss them that much.  The same is true on the FTL BBS but at least they have AdBlock there, I mean "ignore".

dalebert

Quote from: Alex Libman on April 07, 2011, 01:49 PM NHFTMy writing, as a whole, will stand on its own merit.

You overrate yourself.  If your writing is that compelling, people will come to it.  Start a blog somewhere and write something interesting enough to draw people to it.  This is why you insert yourself into extremely public mediums and other conversations that people are having and it's why you increase the level of hyperbole of your language until you get some kind of rise out of them so they'll engage you.  Your tactic is to proverbially get right up in someone's face who isn't interested and jump up and down and flash multi-colored lights at them to get their attention.  You are a TV show with horrible ratings that jumps the shark EVERY DAY.

If I've addressed your points, quite shallow ones honestly, and you start repeating them all over again just with more hyperbolic language, insults, etc. and then I leave and put you on ignore, that's a sign that I have faith in the merit of what I have already written.  You just amp up the volume of your arguments, not the quality.  That's exactly what happened with your heteronormality bullshit thread and you know it.  I'm no celebrity, but I'm just enough of a public figure that there are lots of people out there who want to argue with me.  My time is valuable and limited.  Choosing not to argue with all of them is not a concession.

You and Keith have issues that are transparent to me.  You're trying to convince yourself of something, not me.  I tried to be patient while you guys used some really unhealthy and rude tactics to try and cope as you work through your personal issues, but my patience finally wore out.  I'm not paid to be your therapist.

dalebert

Crap.  I was trying to quote you and apparently I am considered a mod in this particular section and I accidentally modified your post instead of responding.  Had no idea.  Maybe a real mod can get the old post back.

Tom Sawyer

Jimmy's making garlic bread to go with our spaghetti

Jim Johnson

I had great spaghetti and garlic bread.  :)

Pat K

Ummmmmmmm garlicky goodness.

Lloyd Danforth

Boy! You guys are inconsiderate! Jerry could be reading this!

jerry

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 08, 2011, 07:20 AM NHFT

Thanks Lloyd, but as long as I'm not in the room while it's cooking garlic won't stop my breathing.  Just tell me it's in the food before you offer it to me.  Before the allergy developed I used to eat garlic all the time.  :'(

PS  Did you notice the spell-checker here thinks you misspelled your last name?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: jerry on April 08, 2011, 09:57 AM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 08, 2011, 07:20 AM NHFT
PS  Did you notice the spell-checker here thinks you misspelled your last name?

It's code!

Tom Sawyer

Dang it no brownies left to eat with my coffee.  :'(