• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Any hunters among us?

Started by KBCraig, November 16, 2005, 06:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: Malsem on September 26, 2006, 06:24 AM NHFT
At least you folks have been more than efficient at proving my point for me.

Only to yourself.

Everyone else is left scratching their heads, wondering just what your point is.

CNHT

Quote from: Malsem on September 26, 2006, 10:04 AM NHFT
Good logic there.

That's like saying, "it's okay if you don't like dealing drugs; at least you're not trying to make the rest of the drug dealers stop."

-M

Well I think you'll find that on this forum that would also be true.

CNHT

Quote from: JigglyPuff on September 26, 2006, 12:50 PM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on September 26, 2006, 11:28 AM NHFT
Quote from: Malsem on September 26, 2006, 10:04 AM NHFT
Good logic there.

That's like saying, "it's okay if you don't like dealing drugs; at least you're not trying to make the rest of the drug dealers stop."

-M

Well I think you'll find that on this forum that would also be true.

lol..I was thinking the same thing..
Does this mean Malsem would lock drug dealers up in prisons??

Yes Maslem seems to think it's his job to 'make' people stop doing things just because he/she finds them offensive.
Again, no one is making Maslem hunt or do drugs...
And there is nothing wrong with farming if we are for example, keeping the fish supply from becoming too low and someone is using commercial means to feed people at a reasonable price. This is what the free market is all about. (And how my hair stays so shiny and long!)

Insurgent

Quote from: KBCraig on September 26, 2006, 11:19 AM NHFT

Only to yourself.

Everyone else is left scratching their heads, wondering just what your point is.

I'm not scratching my head, I think I get pretty clearly what Malsem is saying, and I can't say that I disagree with very much. I'm curious as to who he/she is--since there's not much on the profile (an annoyance of mine!) Who are you?

CNHT

Quote from: Insurgent on September 26, 2006, 07:56 PM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on September 26, 2006, 11:19 AM NHFT

Only to yourself.

I'm not scratching my head, I think I get pretty clearly what Malsem is saying, and I can't say that I disagree with very much. I'm curious as to who he/she is--since there's not much on the profile (an annoyance of mine!) Who are you?

You agree that beetles are as important as humans???

Malsem

What makes you believe that they aren't?

-M

CNHT

Quote from: Malsem on September 26, 2006, 09:25 PM NHFT
What makes you believe that they aren't?

-M

Just as I am going to refuse to further discuss whether it was OK for Benson to have a hummer in another thread, I am not going to discuss whether beetles are as important as humans and will put you on ignore.

Buh bye!

Malsem

Quote from: Insurgent on September 26, 2006, 07:56 PM NHFT

Sorry about that.

I'm nobody.  Just a parrot passing down messages from the past.  A person who's scared to death for our kids, for all things who can't speak for themselves, at least in a way that we can understand anymore.  A downright pissed-off individual who feels that their birthright has been stripped, wondering if anyone else feels the same way.  Wondering why everyone isn't outraged that we can't spend our days living outside, swimming, fishing, making bows and mocs and canoes, and just being children of the earth again with no government and groups telling us how to live.

-M

AlanM

Quote from: Malsem on September 26, 2006, 09:49 PM NHFT
  Wondering why everyone isn't outraged that we can't spend our days living outside, swimming, fishing, making bows and mocs and canoes, and just being children of the earth again with no government and groups telling us how to live.

-M

Yeh, I'm wondering the same thing. Laws, rules, regulations, someone always telling us what we can and can't do with our lives. Enough of the consumerism. Shut off the TV. Throw away the cell phone. Live simply. Enjoy a sunny day, and the flowers, and the fruits.

Malsem

When I get outside and into the woods, it's like being welcomed by family.  I used to go out with all kinds of gear and camp-out when I was a kid, but I always had this grudge against technology, as it is the vehicle with which the government treads, and I wanted to be able to go out there with nothing and just see how free from society I could be.

I started leaving things behind until I didn't need anything at all, and I could go back out to my family and be like a wild animal again.  Now that, to me, is the ultimate freedom.

There's little more embracing to me than a body of water or a good fire--especially one made with what Nature provides.  Who needs a t.v.?

-M

PinoX7

Quote from: Malsem on September 21, 2006, 11:08 AM NHFT
Quote from: KBCraig on September 21, 2006, 10:44 AM NHFT

Unless you're living naked in the woods with no tools other than your own two hands, you're the hypocrite.

And since you disdain land ownership, how are they your woods? You've publicly declared that Bad Things will happen to hunters who enter "your" land. Hypocrite!

Wow.  You're some kind of genius, eh?

Why don't you tell me how it's possible to accomplish that idea?  You show me how someone could go off into the woods and live with a family without having to deal with trespassing issues, pollution that you support, idiots with guns chasing down animals, government intervention, i.e.--taking your children away for "not providing them with sufficient means of living," land destruction and development, or paying taxes and still integrating into the system by some fashion?  Go ahead.  You tell me where there's a place that's vast enough, will never be touched or infiltrated by reckless, careless humans or industry of some sort, where the hunting is free, the living conditions are viable, and there is no worry about interference of global pollutants, local impacts, introduced species and pathogens, and the like.

You let me know, genius.

The wilderness is like family to me, as it should be to you, too.  I'm not claiming to own it.  That's what modern society does.  I'm claiming to protect it from destructive ignorance that runs rampant in our species.  Your arguing with that indicates that you really don't give a damn about the welfare of life in the future, including your own progeny.  That's messed up.

And if I did go, I would be doing nothing more than satisfying my own selfish gratification, just like this society does already.  You're asking me to act in a manner that I abhor.  You're asking me to abandon the welfare of not only my own grandchildren, but yours, as well, by disappearing and eliminating a resource available to them so that they can choose, eventually, to shift away from all these political agendas and segregations.  In fact, what I'm getting back here is that your way is the best way, and anyone who doesn't like it can leave.

Sounds an awful lot like some governments I know.

Hypocrite.

-M

I think you should move to Australia they only have about 2.6 people per sq kilo

CNHT

Quantrill

So it doesn't look like there are many hunters here.  I was hoping to find a bear-hunting partner or two...

Other than bambi, I've never shot any other animal but would love to go hunting in NH...

Pat McCotter

I'm taking a hunter safety course this month. I'll be doing my first hunting this year.

mvpel

Quote from: Quantrill on March 12, 2007, 11:47 AM NHFT
So it doesn't look like there are many hunters here.  I was hoping to find a bear-hunting partner or two...

Other than bambi, I've never shot any other animal but would love to go hunting in NH...
I gather Penny Dean is into bear hunting, or wants to be - she had to cancel a bear hunt when the Blake Douglass case came up.