• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Any hunters among us?

Started by KBCraig, November 16, 2005, 06:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CNHT

Quote from: Malsem on September 24, 2006, 06:07 PM NHFT
That's quite a mouthful from someone who's not only missing the point, once again, but who's outright claimed to enjoy murder.

It's not about being an animal rights activist.  It's about seeing the big picture and trying to find a way to steer ourselves away from self-destruction.

In the points of information I've supplied, you may very well not like what's provided, but you still haven't proven the information incorrect.  In fact, just taking a good look at our impact on the environment, the wildlife, and each other overall is overwhelming proof that there is a severe problem that doesn't need to extend into the lives of our grandchildren.

So that's the crux of my concern.  It's about the grandchildren and how we treat the earth, the animals, and each other.  If you're thinking I'm selfish or incorrect, you're simply not paying attention.

So I may be an asshole--that's nothing new--but the information is sound, and to fight with me--in spite of how enjoyable it may be--is not doing our progeny or anyone else's any good.

-M

Murder? Wow, strong words. And whom, may I ask is being murdered? What is the severe problem of which you speak?

CNHT

Quote from: Malsem on September 25, 2006, 08:15 AM NHFT
Life is life is life.  It doesn?t matter whether it?s in the form of a beetle, a plant, a fish, a dog, or a human.

And so a beetle is more imporant than you are?

Malsem

Seriously?  This is what you guys come up with?

I'm speaking of a universal truth that rings in everyone's spirit--no matter how much you spit at it.  This is just the common sense of shedding our personal interpretations and giving kids the benefit of learning to respect all things, no matter what our own warped sense of ideas we hold that undermine the real appreciation for what we've been given.

What I'm talking about is that should you choose to believe that a deer is of less value or worth than a human, keep it to yourself, and show the kids a more respectful and respectable presentation.  Teach them by demonstration.  Don't kill wontonly.  When you hunt, show the children the amazing gift that the animal has given to you.  Show them that you cared for it as you would care for the family dog if it was hit by a car.  Or as you would care for another human.  Don't start them out with a bias toward other things, because it is not ours to judge, and they should have the option to learn that all life is sacred.

And as we teach them, we learn more, as well.  And they feel that comeraderie and understand that bias and interpretation and segregations are not healthy in any respect of survival and taking care of what the Creator (whatever name for it you have) provides.  And as we talk to our friends and families about our experiences and respect, then they see something golden in us, and we begin to feel amazing because of it.

So do you guys really want to show everyone here that you are really that cold-hearted, disrespectful, and contemptuous?  'Cause that's how you're coming off.

-M

KBCraig

Quote from: Malsem on September 25, 2006, 05:18 PM NHFT
I'm speaking of a universal truth that rings in everyone's spirit

Quite apparently, it doesn't.

Malsem

Then, indeed, we are in trouble, aren't we.

-M

CNHT

Quote from: Malsem on September 25, 2006, 05:18 PM NHFT
So do you guys really want to show everyone here that you are really that cold-hearted, disrespectful, and contemptuous?  'Cause that's how you're coming off.
-M

Let me get this clear, you're saying that people who like to hunt are  cold-hearted, disrespectful, and contemptuous and are precluded from seeing life as to be respected? This is poppycock, pure poppycock and anti-hunter rhetoric indeed. Where's Ted Nugent when I need him. LOL

Do you know the person who posts here as 'Frank Chodorov'?  ;)

Malsem

CNHT

Malsem

What are you talking about???

-M

Pat K

Eating some nice steak now that I paid some mercenarys to kill and cut and package for me. ;D

Oh and I contracted out for the onions too.Though I did cut them up myself. I wore ear plugs so as not to hear their screaming death cries.

CNHT

Quote from: Pat K on September 25, 2006, 09:25 PM NHFT
Eating some nice steak now that I paid some mercenarys to kill and cut and package for me. ;D

Oh and I contracted out for the onions too.Though I did cut them up myself. I wore ear plugs so as not to hear their screaming death cries.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reminds me of a computer game I used to play called Otto Mattic. These huge onions would attack him in a field and you'd have to zap them all to get through. I loved that game! Maybe I should download the new version and play it again.

http://www.pangeasoft.net/otto/index.html

Malsem

And this is precisely why it has to happen.
At least you folks have been more than efficient at proving my point for me.

-M

Malsem

See, that's the part I don't get.  It's the government that's all about killing things and reaping profit and material gain through treating everything like a commodity--even us, as we're given numbers and expected to conform like proper cogs on the wheel.  Supporting this mindset and philosophy is supporting the government.  Our education has been a media influx of government fostered propaganda.  THAT'S THE WHOLE PROBLEM.

We trust our safety and welfare in the hands of the very entity that has the least concern and knowledge.  I doesn't matter what government or religion you choose to follow, if it doesn't work for everyone--everything real--then it doesn't work at all.  That's why I propose that we get back to the foundation of all things and eliminate the interpretations and doctrines and greeds so that the future generations have a healthy respect via a common thread of reality for all things and each other.  Then they might stand a fighting chance of finding again what we have been forced to lose.

-M

CNHT

Quote from: JigglyPuff on September 26, 2006, 08:32 AM NHFT
M-
I really think you are "barking up the wrong tree" on this forum..
Most Libertarians, anarchists, anarcho-capitalists, and "righty" types think animals are PROPERTY..
They will continue to "miss" your point, because they don't agree that animals are anywhere near the level that humans are..
I've stayed away from this thread because I already know what is going to happen: name calling, specifically "you are lefty, you must be, you must love the government if you don't want to kill animals.."
Yes, I'm vegan, so I don't belong in a "hunters among us?" thread! lol..

It's OK if you don't like hunting, but at least you aren't trying to make the rest of us stop it.

Malsem

Good logic there.

That's like saying, "it's okay if you don't like dealing drugs; at least you're not trying to make the rest of the drug dealers stop."

When you can prove that all other life is inferior in worth to the real world compared to human life, then by all means, hunt away.  But really, if you're into the "sport" of it all, try paintball instead.

-M