• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

moving...like to land in Grafton.

Started by Knowaymr, May 16, 2011, 02:43 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Knowaymr

hello,I'm Denise, Paul Vogts wife so were going for it sink or swim ....were the Vogt family and have been researching the free state project for years. to the point of stalker like. lol. We would like to move to Grafton get a camper live lite and cheap while we get our bearing back.know of any places with  water,power,septic......we have 3 children Jory 20 he'll be staying in Michigan that's a bummer,Meghan,almost 12 she has actually called into free talk live before im so proud of her my little liberty activist, Ella 8 she our little writer and actress I'm Denise the mom i've been a self-employed hairdresser 4 almost 20 years a great baker of breads others and  bring several talents. My husband Paul also has many talents with an inventors mind .You all seem to be such good people.were leaving michigan may 23rd'ishy cant wait to get there see you all soon.

John

1st time I've seen a post by you... Welcome.

MaineShark

I'll mention this to some friends who have a campground, here.  Welcome!

Joe

Knowaymr

thanks...i hope we can all meet soon. i really need to learn to use my computer as a networking tool. i seem to be more of a reader, you can really get a feel for people, how they deal with things. this is a huge move for our family. I've been a  self-employed hairdresser for the last 20 years and I'm saying good bye to all my clients, to come join the free state project and live lighter. I hope to do hair out there but their are hoops you have to jump Thur with the lovely friendly government.......  not sure i want to do that part of it.but i do need to support my family....any thoughts ? ~Denise .......Paul's (knowaymr) wife

Evan

Don't bother jumping through the government hoops and I'll pay you in silver to give me a hair cut. Welcome to Free Grafton.

Knowaymr

~Hello, this is Paul. Thanks for the offer Evan (Emperor?),you won't regret it. Denise is an excellent hairdresser. Sorry so long in replying...we have been through the wringer, it's nearly a year later, still not there. Bad plans, and cold feet led to circular motion and doubt. Denise was sold on moving for more freedom and we were ready to roll... or not. My plan to pull my 40ft construction trailer across the country with our lives packed in it .....ended poorly (made it 10 mi). 40ft trailer 9.5ft wide filled to the hilt turned out to be more than anything short of a semi could haul, and it seems there are no end of government rules on hauling things that wide, permits to get, go figure. DUMB. Bad plan. Major shit in the face moment, it cost us time, money and resources. It's embarrassing how well I fracked that up. I think with a little help I have a chance of getting my wife on board again. I would love to see the Shire and I think it would suit us perfect if we can squeak out a living right off. Is there already a liberty lover hairdresser in Grafton? Many Freestaters? Some local prospects would be a big plus. We could also mix our skills/arogism/civil dis by doing hair at protests. Denise has been licensed 20 years in mich but there are some major hoops to jump through to do it "legal" in New Hampshire, no need if we do it your way Evan. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks~Paul

John

Knowaymr

Free libertarian

Quote from: Knowaymr on March 22, 2012, 10:41 PM NHFT
~Hello, this is Paul. Thanks for the offer Evan (Emperor?),you won't regret it. Denise is an excellent hairdresser. Sorry so long in replying...we have been through the wringer, it's nearly a year later, still not there. Bad plans, and cold feet led to circular motion and doubt. Denise was sold on moving for more freedom and we were ready to roll... or not. My plan to pull my 40ft construction trailer across the country with our lives packed in it .....ended poorly (made it 10 mi). 40ft trailer 9.5ft wide filled to the hilt turned out to be more than anything short of a semi could haul, and it seems there are no end of government rules on hauling things that wide, permits to get, go figure. DUMB. Bad plan. Major shit in the face moment, it cost us time, money and resources. It's embarrassing how well I fracked that up. I think with a little help I have a chance of getting my wife on board again. I would love to see the Shire and I think it would suit us perfect if we can squeak out a living right off. Is there already a liberty lover hairdresser in Grafton? Many Freestaters? Some local prospects would be a big plus. We could also mix our skills/arogism/civil dis by doing hair at protests. Denise has been licensed 20 years in mich but there are some major hoops to jump through to do it "legal" in New Hampshire, no need if we do it your way Evan. Any input is appreciated.
Thanks~Paul

The Emperor has been out in the Greater Shire expanding Free Grafton, sort of a "manifest destiny" thing.  He may or may not be in Free Grafton when visitors arrive.  Alas Misty the Cat is not much for hosting...but do keep us posted, some of the lesser officials and religious dignitaries, Curmudgeons, assistant Curmudgeons et al have been known to welcome visitors if we aren't busy complaining about stuff or watching paint dry or dodging geese in the road.   So I echo John's welcome. Welcome Paul.

Knowaymr

We are in michigan still, but heading out soon. We are looking to rent a place to park and set up our 35' camper, a van, a car (maybe) and what will amount to a 10' cube of stuff we couldn't part with, it will all fit next to the camper in an add-a-room down the side. We would like to place another camper to act as a shed to put stuff into for storage/easy move-ability later. Family circumstance kept us tied here in michigan, in this camper.... through last winter, so we do have some idea what winter camping means.
Basically...we need cheap for a spell, long enough to find the right spot to plant our seed.
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks~
Paul