• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Anarchy in Your Head makes Lew Rockwell Blog

Started by toowm, May 18, 2011, 11:15 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Alex Libman

I've always been a big supporter of Dale's work (except the bits I didn't like and constructively criticized), but I can't extend my congratulations to him on this occasion, as much as I may want to, because, you know...  I'm afraid...  Glitter could stay in my beard for months!

dalebert

Woot!  Shame it's one of my comics that I don't consider one of the better ones.

David

Quote from: dalebert on May 19, 2011, 09:52 AM NHFT
Woot!  Shame it's one of my comics that I don't consider one of the better ones.
Agreed, but it fit the topic perfectly.  I am curious how much that will increase your web traffic.  your website is listed but not as a hyperlink. 

Russell Kanning

funny one
I like the thing in the corner that says "by Dale Everett" instead of some crazy copyright thing. :)
I am fairly sure that cop is sexually harassing one of those ladies.

dalebert

Quote from: David on May 19, 2011, 10:30 AM NHFT
Agreed, but it fit the topic perfectly.  I am curious how much that will increase your web traffic.

Trivially.  I've been listed on the blog a couple times before and mostly all it resulted in was a spike in views of that particular comic, probably because they embedded the comic from my site so I was actually just looking at how many times someone viewed the LRW Blog page while my comic was embedded in it, even when it was scrolled way down.  For most of those views, they probably didn't even see or pay any attention to my comic.

*shrug*

My analysis is that my comics just aren't good enough to get a buzz going.  As in, people don't see them and find them funny or compelling enough that it inspires them to link on Facebook, post in other forums, tell their friends they should check it out, etc.  So stuph like this tends to just be an isolated phenomenon and doesn't approach anything resembling a viral meme.

MaineShark

Quote from: dalebert on May 20, 2011, 09:32 AM NHFTMy analysis is that my comics just aren't good enough to get a buzz going.  As in, people don't see them and find them funny or compelling enough that it inspires them to link on Facebook, post in other forums, tell their friends they should check it out, etc.  So stuph like this tends to just be an isolated phenomenon and doesn't approach anything resembling a viral meme.

For what it's worth, usually, when I forward one of your comics to someone, they reply that they've already seen it.

Joe

Alex Libman

Quote from: dalebert on May 20, 2011, 09:32 AM NHFT
My analysis is that my comics just aren't good enough to get a buzz going.  As in, people don't see them and find them funny or compelling enough that it inspires them to link on Facebook, post in other forums, tell their friends they should check it out, etc.  So stuph like this tends to just be an isolated phenomenon and doesn't approach anything resembling a viral meme.

Maybe they don't want to be like some certain "nerdy loser fan" who "voted" for AIYH comics religiously and posted them on a dozen forums, etc...

I continue to stand by my fandom.  Dale's drawings are quite good.  I'd even say they're 20% better than my drawings.  Of course the last time I endeavored to draw something was when I was 8 years old and using much inferior equipment, but I've decided to express my ideas through more sophisticated textual and programmatic mediums ever since...  Which is why I wanted to support people like Ian (my voice) and Dale (my crayon box)...  You guys... *sob*...  you complete me!

::)

Russell Kanning