• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Hampshire Minuteman Militia anyone?

Started by jcpliberty, December 28, 2004, 06:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

purewater4u.com

Quote from: Michael Fisher on December 23, 2006, 04:52 PM NHFT
Quote from: purewater4u.com on December 23, 2006, 04:01 PM NHFT
It amazes me that so many people don't know what the Constitutional Militia actually is.

It's not something that you need to "join" or "start-up". YOU ARE the Militia!

Read exactly how the US Constitution defines the "Militia of the several States" here: http://www.newswithviews.com/Vieira/edwin16.htm

The courts have redefined it. You have no right to form a militia in New Hampshire unless the government allows it, as far as I'm aware.  ::) :P

Who is talking about "forming a Militia?

"The Militia of the several States" rank alongside We the People themselves, because the Militia are composed of the people, and, in the final analysis, We the People's sovereignty depends on their control of the Power of the Sword through their Militia."

If you live in one of the 50 United States, then you already ARE a Militia. Read the US Constitution.

"The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves, ... all men capable of bearing arms;..."
? "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic", 1788

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
? Tench Coxe, 1788

When we are alone, we are all militias of one. When together with others in a situation requiring a defensive response, we have the duty to act together in concert to meet the challenge. Those two component duties, of individuals to defend the community, and to act together in concert with others present, when combined with a third component duty to prepare to do one's duty and not just wait until the danger is clear and present, comprises the militia duty.

Braddogg

purewater, you and Frank should get together for beers sometime.

purewater4u.com

Quote from: Braddogg on December 24, 2006, 01:55 AM NHFT

Braddogg, why don't the three of us get together and we'll be a "Militia" of three.

Why is it I get the feeling that you don't like the idea of already being a member of the "Militia of the several States"? I would really like to understand this. You see, I think it may be that I'm 46, you're 21, and you see things a bit differently than I.

I am the last one who would want a new Lexington or Concord. The way I see it, we are where we are today due to the government making the States weak by taking away the one thing that the Constitution mandates the States have to keep the government in fear of "We The People", the Militia.

"the Militia of the several States" rank among only six institutions that the Constitution names and treats as permanent: to wit, We the People (in their capacity as earthly sovereign), the Militia, the States, the United States, Congress, the President, and the Supreme Court.

Whereas, the Militia, the States, the United States, the President, and the Supreme Court exist perforce of the Constitution itself, notwithstanding anything that Congress may do or not do. And of these six constitutional institutions, "the Militia of the several States" are surely the oldest, because they existed in every one of the Colonies, even before the Colonies became independent States and formed the United States.

Since the "Militia of the several States" is a constitutional institution, do you not believe in the US Constitution and the freedoms that it gives us?

Do you think that a militia is a bunch of guys who get together on the weekends shooting maching guns in the forest somewhere?

When you read my posts about revitalizing the "Militia of the several States", what do you think that I am saying?

What is it about the "Militia of the several States" that you find so offensive that you can't fathom the idea that you are already in the "Militia of the several States"?

I would really like to know your opinion.

Braddogg

Quote from: purewater4u.com on December 24, 2006, 02:37 AM NHFT
Quote from: Braddogg on December 24, 2006, 01:55 AM NHFT

Braddogg, why don't the three of us get together and we'll be a "Militia" of three.

If I understand you correctly, we are already part of a militia.   ::)

And that's fine.  You can consider me part of the girl scouts for all I care, so long as you don't make me sell cookies.  I refuse to take up arms no matter what some document says.  Why do you let documents (like the Constitution) run your life?  I want to be free without paper.  When you say "unorganized militia" and "organized militia", I assume it to mean a group with the intent to use force, presumably against a government overstepping its bounds.

error

The Constitution didn't give us any freedom.

higheye

there was talk of resuming planning in the summer...guess what time it is... ;D

AntonLee

Quote from: higheye on July 02, 2007, 03:32 PM NHFT

time to procrastinate again? :D

KBCraig

Quote from: AntonLee on July 02, 2007, 04:00 PM NHFT

time to procrastinate again? :D

I don't think we're ready for that.  ;)

Quantrill

So what's it going to take to get this up and running? 

Some kind of leadership I suppose.  Funny thing is most of us are not leaders nor do we like to follow orders!
;)

I'd def be interested though...

PowerPenguin

Whoever has the biggest bullets wins! 8-)

Russell Kanning

gun cleanin' time

Dreepa

There is this:
N.H. Citizen's Homeland Security Association

I think that they were going to have a meeting in July... I can't find a webpage.
There were flyers at Porcfest.... I can't seem to find mine.

If you really really want to know you could email Rich G from pfest... he could get you Walter's email and then you would know.

higheye

Recumbent ReCycler

My impression of what historical documents say is that we are mostly already members of the militia, but it sounds like some are considering forming a unit (squad, platoon, company, troop, squadron, regiment, battalion, division, etc.).

higheye

need some organization to start eventually...

im at a busy time in my life right now to really take the reigns...

it would be good to have someone that has training experience for military-like operations and also some people who are CPR, first responder instructors...

we would also need to set up a way of funding to purchase such things as equipment, supplies, communication etc...i guess the more you think about organizing it the  more it seems like another standing army...when you look back at the original militias they were a plain clothes-fight with what you have-come and go as you please force.