• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jailbird Johnson

Started by KBCraig, June 29, 2011, 02:22 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Welcome out Jim. Thanks for standing up to the thugs.

FTL_Ian

John

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 16, 2011, 07:25 AM NHFT
LEAP member... we should love him... I'm having difficulty dealing with my anger towards that jackass for hurting my friends.

Feeling much the same, I have to admit, a little of that anger goes also to victims willfully gullible enough to fall for his "good cop" routine.

Russell Kanning

the gullible don't live off the taxpayers

Free libertarian

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on July 27, 2011, 01:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 16, 2011, 07:25 AM NHFT
LEAP member... we should love him... I'm having difficulty dealing with my anger towards that jackass for hurting my friends.

Feeling much the same, I have to admit, a little of that anger goes also to victims willfully gullible enough to fall for his "good cop" routine.

I understand the anger.  However I think it is always a good thing to recognize when one of "them" has a flash of conscience.  We don't all arrive at the same place at the same time.  Some of us are more ahem "enlightened".  I try to encourage those Police, guards etc.  that have glimpsed the truth to go further.  It is in my Ambassador contract with the sovereigns of  Free Grafton.   ;D

Kat Kanning

That's a very enlightened view.

Tom Sawyer

Bob spent time in the monastery where he could contemplate these matters.

As to Van Wickler, he is a glad-handing, two faced, double dipping, obstructor of justice... besides the whole "Concentration Camp Personnel for the Better Treatment of Jews" member. All silliness aside, he puts on a nice act, but behind the act... is the true man. My first encounter with him he went from sickeningly sweet to threatening in a moment. I would not trust him at all.

Russell Kanning

he was one of the guys i would not speak to in the jail .... hate to encourage him :)

John

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on July 27, 2011, 01:45 PM NHFT..., I have to admit, a little of that anger goes also to victims willfully gullible enough to fall for his "good cop" routine.

Anger at the victims? Perhaps you have too much anger if you're just spreading it around like that.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: John on July 30, 2011, 08:14 PM NHFT
Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on July 27, 2011, 01:45 PM NHFT..., I have to admit, a little of that anger goes also to victims willfully gullible enough to fall for his "good cop" routine.

Anger at the victims? Perhaps you have too much anger if you're just spreading it around like that.

Anger at their naivete and wishful thinking, which abets the evil, and allows it to go on creating more victims.  If you can't see the harm their delusions allow to proliferate, perhaps you don't have enough anger.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 30, 2011, 03:20 PM NHFT
he was one of the guys i would not speak to in the jail .... hate to encourage him :)

I agree that he is participating in something he knows is wrong.  I would hate NOT to encourage him to go further though.

...maybe I'm delusional in thinking that he WILL or MIGHT go further though...   ;D

Free libertarian

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 30, 2011, 01:20 PM NHFT
Bob spent time in the monastery where he could contemplate these matters.

As to Van Wickler, he is a glad-handing, two faced, double dipping, obstructor of justice... besides the whole "Concentration Camp Personnel for the Better Treatment of Jews" member. All silliness aside, he puts on a nice act, but behind the act... is the true man. My first encounter with him he went from sickeningly sweet to threatening in a moment. I would not trust him at all.

ahh yes...the monastery of contemplation...there were false idols I was forced to worship there and even now I must curtsy before them to gain relief or feel their controlling  forces.  But remember when I curtsy, my fingers are crossed behind my back...so it doesn't count !   ;D

You tell it like it is and I have no doubt your experience was depicted accurately. 

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Free libertarian on July 31, 2011, 10:40 AM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on July 30, 2011, 03:20 PM NHFT

I agree that he is participating in something he knows is wrong.  I would hate NOT to encourage him to go further though.

...maybe I'm delusional in thinking that he WILL or MIGHT go further though...   ;D
I agree. I see no reason why down the road he won't get better. But last time I was in, it seemed right to not talk to him. That was not true of most of the guards.
I try to follow Christ's example. He blasted some people, was silent in front of others, debated others with riddles and jokes, and gave good news to most of the rest. :)
Smarmy politicians seem to deserve ridicule or frowns.

Tom Sawyer