• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom Friends Tuath

Started by Michael Fisher, November 20, 2005, 09:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

FSPinNY

Perhaps two signatures of current members would be better on a potential members app.  Two must 'know' the person first..

I like the idea of putting the arbitration agreement in a contract, but contracts are only going to be used on occasion where larger potential losses might happen.  If I'm arranging for cut wood to be delivered by a member, there would be no contract.

AlanM

Quote from: Eli on November 23, 2005, 12:50 PM NHFT
Let me clarify my position a little Allen.? Just as in currency markets, where real currency is driven out by force based fiat currency, the tuath has a weak position because any free riders who decide to use force (through the courts,) can.? There is nothing but goodwill and fear of exile to keep them in place.?

This might make folks with a weaker moral compass than yours run to the courts in order to derive some short term advantage.? I don't think it is necessary to add such a clause to the tuath membership contract, as mike suggests.? Just that, when dealing with new members, tuathe members make sure the mediation/arbitration clause is built into any contracts.? That way if a new member is not as 'high minded' as we might hope and goes running to the court and surpasses mediation and arbitration they are in violation of their contract.?

This kind of social structure makes the tuath more competetive with the government system by using the law to its advantage.? I think that in such rare occasions where we can use law to our advantage, if only to keep law of our back, it is tactically appropriate to do so.

Eli,
Forgive me, but I don't see what you are trying to say here.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Eli on November 23, 2005, 12:50 PM NHFT
I don't think it is necessary to add such a clause to the tuath membership contract, as mike suggests.

Just that, when dealing with new members, tuathe members make sure the mediation/arbitration clause is built into any contracts.

How can we "make sure" a clause is built into all contracts if we do not ask members to do it in the membership contract?

Michael Fisher

Hmmm... maybe when we get the website up, we could simply teach members how adding such a clause to their contracts will be beneficial for them.

Eli

I like that idea.  Education over legislation.  I would encourage, through education, that all Tuath members include arbitration clauses in contracts with other members.  Arbitration clauses are currently protected by contract law. 

Alan, sorry if I was unclear in my last post.  I was a total basket case on Wednesday (work from thursday just got moved to wednesday.) 

Let me go over what I think is the basic principle.  When two systems compete, like fiat and real currency, (or tuath and government) the one backed by a monopoly on force generally drives the other out of circulation.  In the system you proposed, people always have the option to take a dispute to the courts.  This is unavoidable.  The courts impose their jurisdiction over your tuath with force.  Adding arbitration clauses to contracts would give the Tuath some protection, because agreements to arbitrate are currently well protected under current law.    Does that make more sense?

AlanM

Quote from: Eli on November 25, 2005, 08:59 AM NHFT
I like that idea.? Education over legislation.? I would encourage, through education, that all Tuath members include arbitration clauses in contracts with other members.? Arbitration clauses are currently protected by contract law.?

Alan, sorry if I was unclear in my last post.? I was a total basket case on Wednesday (work from thursday just got moved to wednesday.)?

Let me go over what I think is the basic principle.? When two systems compete, like fiat and real currency, (or tuath and government) the one backed by a monopoly on force generally drives the other out of circulation.? In the system you proposed, people always have the option to take a dispute to the courts.? This is unavoidable.? The courts impose their jurisdiction over your tuath with force.? Adding arbitration clauses to contracts would give the Tuath some protection, because agreements to arbitrate are currently well protected under current law.? ? Does that make more sense?

Yes.

Lex

"Do the Amish pay taxes?"

"Self-employed Amish do not pay Social Security tax. Those employed by non-Amish employers do pay Social Security tax. The Amish do pay real estate, state and federal income taxes, county taxes, sales tax, etc.

The Amish do not collect Social Security benefits, nor would they collect unemployment or welfare funds. Self sufficiency is the Amish community's answer to government aid programs. Section 310 of the Medicare section of the Social Security act has a sub-section that permits individuals to apply for exemption from the self-employment tax if he is a member of a religious body that is conscientiously opposed to social security benefits but that makes reasonable provision of taking care of their own elderly or dependent members. The Amish have a long history of taking care of their own members. They do not have retirement communities or nursing homes; in most cases, each family takes care of their own, and the Amish community gives assistance as needed."

-------------

Maybe Anarcho-Capitalism could be a religion?  >:D

Eli

The church of the invisible hand.  Services every day of the week and don't forget your Blackberry.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: eukreign on November 25, 2005, 11:41 AM NHFT
Maybe Anarcho-Capitalism could be a religion? >:D
Maybe they will start treating us the same way. They just give in since they know they won't play ball ...... we need to have that reputation. :)

AlanM

Is anything happening on the final wording of the Tuath Bylaws?

Russell Kanning

I can't join if it takes too long to make up the rules. :)
You better watch out .... someone could come up with a competing tuath that has simpler rules.
So what is the official pronunciation of "tuath"?

Lloyd Danforth

You can't join if there are rules! ;D

cathleeninnh

Russell, we joined without anything written down, no bylaws. That is the beauty of this commitment. Once you no longer feel a commitment for ANY reason, there is no further commitment. You want specific rules? Come on in and see if it flies. Too loosey goosey for you? Start one of your own.

Cathleen

Kat Kanning

Can we join before the rules all set in stone, then?

AlanM

Quote from: katdillon on November 26, 2005, 10:19 AM NHFT
Can we join before the rules all set in stone, then?

Sure. The beauty of the Tuath system is, that it is all voluntary, and you can leave it at any time. You can join another, or start your own.