• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom Friends Tuath

Started by Michael Fisher, November 20, 2005, 09:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

AlanM

Anthony, I received your membership form. I will witness. Welcome. :)

nx2059

Quote from: AlanM on February 20, 2006, 07:37 AM NHFT
Anthony, I received your membership form. I will witness. Welcome. :)

Thanks Alan :)

Kat Kanning

Lex

Quote from: Kat Kanning on August 21, 2006, 05:11 AM NHFT
Meeting?

I think that would be a good idea. Can we meet in Concord?

Kat Kanning

Sounds good to me.  The problem with the Tuath is I don't know who's in it.  How can I help people in the tuath if I don't know who they are.

FSPinNY

lol.  You don't know either, Kat!  I kinda figured that I'd find out who you all are when I got there!

7 people have looked at my house in the first 3 days. 15 agents came by to look at it yesterday...sell fast house!

Brian

Michael Fisher

Quote from: FSPinNY on August 23, 2006, 10:33 PM NHFT
lol.  You don't know either, Kat!  I kinda figured that I'd find out who you all are when I got there!

7 people have looked at my house in the first 3 days. 15 agents came by to look at it yesterday...sell fast house!

Brian

Great! If that doesn't work because of the dead housing market, try auctioning it off. It works well in a slump.

Kat Kanning

Woohoo!  Sounds like Brian's gonna be here soon  ;D

FSPinNY

Oh, I hope so, my mind and my being have already left NY! 
Two more showings today...

Thanks Kat  ;D

Dave Ridley

i have kinda not paid much attention to the tuath, maybe because I don't understand it.

Could someone lay out in a nutshell what this tuath is and what are are the benefits and liabilities of joining it?

reteo

I looked at the contract/application, and thought it might benefit from a little work.  What do y'all think?  I'll be signing and sending when I can find a witness... or when I get to NH, whichever comes first. :-/

(Pardon the Word document if it isn't aligned properly; I was using OpenOffice, but this forum would not accept .odt files.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

outlaw4freedom

Quote from: DadaOrwell on August 25, 2006, 05:05 AM NHFT
i have kinda not paid much attention to the tuath, maybe because I don't understand it.
Could someone lay out in a nutshell what this tuath is and what are are the benefits and liabilities of joining it?

I'm also in this boat. I read over the website a little, and what I gathered was that it was a sort of "neighborhood watch" for libertarians. But I could be mistaken.

reteo

Quote from: outlaw4freedom on December 31, 2006, 01:30 PM NHFT

I'm also in this boat. I read over the website a little, and what I gathered was that it was a sort of "neighborhood watch" for libertarians. But I could be mistaken.

If I'm reading this correctly, this seems to be a pledge to follow a specified code of conduct (non-aggression) between tuath members.  This means that you don't initiate aggression against another tuath member, and any disputes arising between tuath members will not involve the police or government courts in any way, since they would not be part of the tuath.  As such, tuath members could found in-tuath resolution agencies for the purpose of meeting this agreement.

AlanM

Quote from: reteo on December 31, 2006, 01:45 PM NHFT
Quote from: outlaw4freedom on December 31, 2006, 01:30 PM NHFT

If I'm reading this correctly, this seems to be a pledge to follow a specified code of conduct (non-aggression) between tuath members.  This means that you don't initiate aggression against another tuath member, and any disputes arising between tuath members will not involve the police or government courts in any way, since they would not be part of the tuath.  As such, tuath members could found in-tuath resolution agencies for the purpose of meeting this agreement.

It is a means of dispute resolution outside of Gov. As a Tuath member you agree to resolve disputes within the tuath, according to the means set forth. It is all voluntary.

Michael Fisher

There are specifics in the agreement about arbitration and other things, of course, but that's not the core of it.

We believe that the "social contract" is not mandatory from birth like most people believe, which implies the necessity of a monopoly government. We believe that the social contract is voluntary from the point of agreement.

Further, this tuath is the voluntary social contract to which its members have agreed to be bound.

Does it make sense now? :)