• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Freedom Friends Tuath

Started by Michael Fisher, November 20, 2005, 09:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Quote from: AlanM on November 29, 2005, 11:18 PM NHFT
I agree. Once you make a commitment to a Tuath your outlook changes. ZAP becomes more important and resolving any disputes before the need for arbitration becomes more sensible. Your reputation becomes valuable to protect.

Good point.

AlanM

I can't really explain it, but choosing to avoid the traditional route and joining a Tuath is kind of a paradigm shift. You make your choices more carefully. You have no one to blame but yourself, or it seems that way. When I think of tackling something with someone wedded to the old system, it makes me pause and I ask myself, "Do I want to do this? They haven't made the commitment I have." I might still do it, but the rules, at least in my own mind have changed. I measure everyone around me against a higher standard of expected behaviour.

Michael Fisher

Exactly.

Our tuath is a formal contract representing our existing principles and way of life.   :)

AlanM

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 30, 2005, 12:10 AM NHFT
Exactly.

Our tuath is a formal contract representing our existing principles and way of life.? ?:)

You know, that is comforting (in a radical sort of way). I'm finally home.  :)

Pat McCotter

Quote from: AlanM on November 29, 2005, 09:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: patmccotter on November 29, 2005, 04:04 PM NHFT
I can assist (and I am closer).

Pat

Pat, I offered, but you are closer, so it makes more sense for you to drive them. Let me know if you want to take them.

Alan

My offer has not been rescinded. :D I'd be glad to assist.

Kat Kanning

I think you all should voluntarily armwrestle for the privilege of taking the Converses to the airport.

AlanM

Quote from: patmccotter on November 30, 2005, 05:15 AM NHFT
Quote from: AlanM on November 29, 2005, 09:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: patmccotter on November 29, 2005, 04:04 PM NHFT
I can assist (and I am closer).

Pat

Pat, I offered, but you are closer, so it makes more sense for you to drive them. Let me know if you want to take them.

Alan

My offer has not been rescinded. :D I'd be glad to assist.

Well then, it looks like you are the man for the job. If something should come up for you, preventing you, let me know, and I'll be glad to step back in.

Alan

Kat Kanning

cathleeninnh

Pat is probably at work now, but I sent him a PM. Thanks guys and darn, I wonder who would have won the arm wrestling?

Cathleen

Kat Kanning

AlanM

Kat Kanning

We could sell tickets and give the money to the LSF :)

AlanM

Quote from: katdillon on November 30, 2005, 09:01 AM NHFT
We could sell tickets and give the money to the LSF :)

Instigator.  ;)
What if they held an arm wrestling and nobody cared?

Pat McCotter

I'm here and I PM'ed Cathleen.