• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Just saw X-Men First Class

Started by CurtHowland, July 03, 2011, 08:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

CurtHowland

Watch toward the end of the film, as the "powers that be" turn their attentions to the mutants (I don't think that's a spoiler), and listen for this line about which I cheered:

"I have had enough of men who are only following orders!"

Otherwise not an awful movie, a bit off the standard catechism but I guess that's to be expected.

Hugh Jackman's appearance in the film, though short, had the entire audience cheering. I think I was the only one cheering the above line, though, sad to say.

dalebert

Quote from: CurtHowland on July 03, 2011, 08:26 PM NHFT
I think I was the only one cheering the above line, though, sad to say.

Maybe you were the only one in that theater.  We got a group together to watch it too.

dalebert

For those who haven't seen the movie, it's key to note that the person saying that line was a victim of the Holocaust.  That's not a spoiler either because it's revealed in the first 30 seconds of the film.

CurtHowland

Quote from: dalebert on July 04, 2011, 08:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: CurtHowland on July 03, 2011, 08:26 PM NHFT
I think I was the only one cheering the above line, though, sad to say.

Maybe you were the only one in that theater.  We got a group together to watch it too.

I think it was due to the rather high volume level at that point, such that no one heard me, either.