• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

The NPD crotch-grabbing revolt & its objectives

Started by Dave Ridley, July 09, 2011, 11:56 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

This message is a roadmap for anyone who wants to see an honorable resolution to the conflict between myself and the Nashua Police Department.  I'll probably send some of the "involved institutions" a link to this thread.

As you may be aware, I'm an indie reporter.  On May 25th two NPD officers grabbed my groin after I attempted to film outside Joe Biden's visit. I had tried to follow (albeit slowly) NPD orders demanding my departure from the area.  They arrested me before I reached my car. That's when the crotch-grabbing, part of the patdown process, occurred. 

NH: Nashua cop grabs my balls at Biden visit

On August 25th, I'm scheduled for a half-day Class B misdemeanor "criminal trespass" trial over this. 

In any struggle with an initiating, superior Power, it's important to compete without malice or anger.  It's essential to provide your invader an honorable, easy exit option...and to articulate your own mild terms for ending that conflict.  But while such a struggle continues, the defenders must peaceably wage it in a relentless, holistic way. 

The defense-to-date in my case has involved the traditional deployment of an NPD-defeating attorney (Seth Hipple) and a couple of snap-demonstrations. The use of media, leveraging this attack toward the growth of our movement, toward a reduction of NPD's reputation...this has also successfully begun.  But it has only begun. Options exist for peaceably expanding the conflict, should it continue.

These include:

1) Lawsuit against one or more aggressing institutions and/or other legal options
2) More demonstrations over this, at more locations
3) Initiating a petition-for-redress hearing at the state house (possibly asking the redress committee to issue a condemnation of the department's actions or move forward with a bill that cuts state aid to it).
4) Letters-to-editor on the subject
5) More videos and podcasts on the subject, more mainstream media involvement
6) The mobilization or delegation of volunteers to assist me and multiply the numbers of related activities we can complete
7) Drawing more attention to the NPD's crotch-grabbing approach, which they liberally used when they arrested me
8 ) Further investigating the circumstances surrounding the arrest and the real motivations behind it
9) Drawing more attention to the deathtrap-configuration of detainee-transport vehicles.
10) Refusal to pay the fine. That's non-negotiable.

A few supporters from my subscriber base would presumably attend each court event...documenting, demonstrating outside it and expecting their rights be respected throughout.  Breaches of their liberties would tend to be be documented and broadcast.  New options for peaceable resistance, not yet considered, would likely appear on the table and be undertaken.  Growing bonds would continue to form between NPD's local opponents and the broader freedom movement.  A certain amount of our capability for peaceable resistance would be held in reserve and deployed in the event of escalation by the authorities.

Above are the means.  Below are the objectives. They are the options for ending this and putting a stop to much of the activity above.  One of these would be would have to be fully achieved before I could  fully walk away from this conflict:

A) My charges are officially dropped at least a week before the scheduled trial date, and I'm informed of this on-the-record such that no appearance is needed. And there is something approaching an on-the-record apology or admission of wrongdoing.  This would need to come from someone at the PD or Nashua District Court.  One or two aldermen have already apologized.   
  B) Nashua PD's budget decreases at least 3 percent when measured in dollars.
  C) State institution issues condemnation and punishment against NPD for its actions.
Or.....
  D) At least four aldermen publicly question or apologize for NPD's actions at the Radisson on May 25th.

Again, once A, B, C *or* D above are achieved in full, I set this battle aside until authorities resume it.  I step away from all of the defensive actions underway above, except for continuing the usual videos and podcasts.  If any condition is partly met, the conflict would continue...but at a lower intensity. 

Nashua Alderman Barbara Pressly has publicly expressed her concern that NPD's attack on me at a national political event...could have a chilling effect on Nashua commerce and reputation.  She values the economic benefits of the New Hampshire Primary.  Presumably we all share this appreciation of the economic perks and thus ideally should all work together to exorcize this wart from the city's welcoming visage.   Preferably there would be no such wart to expose.  But while it's there...and until this situation is ameliorated...I and others will peaceably fight it with a full heart.

Dave Ridley

Dave Ridley

Actions currently under consideration as "NPD-groin-grabbing revolt" continues. I will walk away from all of them except maybe #5 (and obviously #10) once the conflict comes to an honorable end.

1) Lawsuit against one or more aggressing institutions and/or other legal options
2) More demonstrations over this, at more locations
3) Initiating a petition-for-redress hearing at the state house (possibly asking the redress committee to issue a condemnation of the department's actions or move forward with a bill that cuts state aid to it).
4) Letters-to-editor on the subject
5) More videos and podcasts on the subject, more mainstream media involvement
6) The mobilization or delegation of volunteers to assist me and multiply the numbers of related activities we can complete
7) Drawing more attention to the NPD's crotch-grabbing approach, which they liberally used when they arrested me
8 ) Further investigating the circumstances surrounding the arrest and the real motivations behind it
9) Drawing more attention to the deathtrap-configuration of detainee-transport vehicles.
10) Refusal to pay the fine. That's non-negotiable.

I do want to make clear that both 5 and 10 will continue on my part without regard to anyone else's actions... It's the others that will cease.  Not sure that was clear in the July 9th post.   

Dave Ridley