• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Redress Grievances 4/20/12 re : Marijuana Prohibition

Started by Free libertarian, July 23, 2011, 01:24 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

foreign dignitaries from the empire of Grafton and ex-presidents from the Underground
will the King of the Shire be showing up?

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 29, 2012, 12:43 PM NHFT
foreign dignitaries from the empire of Grafton and ex-presidents from the Underground
will the King of the Shire be showing up?

New Hemp Shire?

Russell Kanning

that sounds like another good character .... a good friend of weedaclause

Jim Johnson

"Knowing that drugs are bad for human beings is not a compelling reason for advocating their prohibition. Actually, the prohibition paradigm that inspires mainstream global drug policy today is based on a false premise: that the global drug markets can be eradicated. We would not believe such a statement if it were applied to alcoholism or tobacco addiction, but somehow we assume it's right in the case of drugs. Why?"  Guatemalan President Otto Perez Molina

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-57411587-503543/summit-of-the-americas-may-by-a-turning-point-in-the-war-on-drugs/?tag=cbsnewsTwoColLowerPromoArea;fd.morenews

Free libertarian

MaineShark

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 10, 2012, 05:31 PM NHFTdrugs are bad for people? Damn!

Sure.  Everything is bad for you.  Oxygen is toxic (hence the interest in "antioxidants").  It's just that the benefits (not suffocating to death) outweigh the toxicity.

Free libertarian

Quote from: MaineShark on April 10, 2012, 05:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on April 10, 2012, 05:31 PM NHFTdrugs are bad for people? Damn!

Sure.  Everything is bad for you.  Oxygen is toxic (hence the interest in "antioxidants").  It's just that the benefits (not suffocating to death) outweigh the toxicity.

Cannabinoids are "anti-oxidant" and neuro protectant.  See U.S. PATENT #6,630,507.  See?  SOME drugs be good for you!  ;D

MaineShark

Quote from: Free libertarian on April 10, 2012, 06:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on April 10, 2012, 05:36 PM NHFT
Cannabinoids are "anti-oxidant" and neuro protectant.  See U.S. PATENT #6,630,507.  See?  SOME drugs be good for you!  ;D

Nah, no matter what, it has some side effects.  There is nothing so health-giving, that it does not also have some detrimental effects, as well.

It all comes down to balance.  Things like alcohol have few beneficial effects, and a lot of detrimental effects.  Things like THC (extracted, or particularly whole-plant) have many beneficial effects, and few detrimental effects.

Ah, well, I guess I'll go back to drinking my sidecar (and a bastardized one, at that, since I'm out of lemon juice, and used key lime juice).  At least ethanol is a government-approved substance, so I know nothing bad will happen, eh? ::)

John

MaineShark

Quote from: John on April 10, 2012, 11:09 PM NHFTgov has detrimental effects

And few, if any, positive effects.

By their own standards, they should be a Schedule I drug...

Free libertarian

obligatory ad nauseum update....tomorrow is 4/20...all the cool kids are gonna have fun.  You'll be sorry if you're not there and wish you were.

Becky Thatcher

Unfortunately Tom is still out of town so we won't be there after all. :(

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

I have noticed that all of you potheads are real botanists and chemistry experts on one very narrow field of study. ;)

Lloyd Danforth

In a pinch one could apply many of the practices for producing food plants.