• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Snow watch

Started by Friday, November 23, 2005, 06:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Quote from: John on December 11, 2005, 07:46 AM NHFT
Hey I'm a NE native, and you'll find that the ones who are cranky and bitchy about the weather are the same ones who are cranky and bitchy about life most of the time.

That's universal. "Same bitching, different season."

Pat K

There are things in the sky at night?

AlanM

Quote from: Pat K on December 11, 2005, 09:51 PM NHFT

Nope. Just a figment of someone's imagination. Oh, and the earth is flat.  ;)

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on December 11, 2005, 09:51 PM NHFT

Flying pigs. Pink elephants. Talking woodchucks (but what woodchucks are doing in the sky, I have no idea!)

Pat K

Well no doubt they are terrorist Woodchucks, we need to post a Woodchuck watch list.

Kat Kanning

Woodchuck Watch List

1.  WoodChuck Geshlider

Pat K

Fire that stove up high Russell it's gonna go down to 2 deg f by you tonight.

Also you are under a severe weather watch for the nexy couple of days.

Kat Kanning

Yeah it's 10 deg. now.  What severe weather alert?

Pat K

It says you might get heavy Ice snow rain mix.

cathleeninnh

It is 2 degrees here now, but the roads are dry and clear. We get a turtle on our dashboard when it is so cold that the large battery can't operate. We can drive on just the gas engine but without the oomph that the battery provides. It only take a few miles for the heat to warm up the battery. Last year, I think it happened two or three times when the temp was around zero.

Cathleen

Friday

It's 1 degree here.  Sure glad I just washed my hair and don't own a blow dryer; this should make for an interesting physiological experiment.  ::)

Ron Helwig

Otis and I went out to Deerfield yesterday to check the build progress. There was so much snow that I actually thought about tying my shoes.  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Kat Kanning

Wooo....looks like building is happening!

It was -5 when I got up this morning.

Pat K

Quote from: Friday on December 14, 2005, 06:43 AM NHFT
It's 1 degree here.? Sure glad I just washed my hair and don't own a blow dryer; this should make for an interesting physiological experiment.? ::)

Damn talk about brain freeze, Be careful Friday.  ;D

Dreepa

3-6 inches are predicted for Friday... the day not Sandy.

BTW-- NH ROCKS.  When I got home on Monday night (11pm) we had 15 inches of snow from last Friday...My driveway.... was all plowed.  My neighbor saw that nothing was done so he figured he would use his snowblower.  That is a great neighbor!! (Of course he is about 200 yards away but that is a neighbor in NH)  I don't want to hear about unfriendly New Englanders!!