• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free State Now! Pledgebank

Started by ninetales1234, August 15, 2011, 08:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

ninetales1234

Has anyone considered donating to "Free State Now!"?  Would you if you knew other people were going to donate as well?

http://www.pledgebank.com/freestatenow
Goal of the pledge is to get 34 people to pitch in.

http://freestatenow.com/
A program designed to get more people to sign up for the FSP, by paying *not the signers*, but the recruiters.

I really like the idea of Free State Now! If you do too, repost the link elsewhere.

ninetales1234

Glad you donated!

You can donate whatever amount you want to Free State Now. The arbitrary number "100" has some special value for some, so I guess the idea is that $100 x 35 = $3500, which means that 100 people will move to New Hampshire because of the pledge if it is successful.

Lloyd Danforth

7 0r 8 years since NH was chosen. 11,000 signers. 1000 or so movers. A likely depression on the horizon. Seems almost criminal to ask for money for a such poor business model.

ninetales1234

The creator of FreeStateNow! claims that the Free State Project gets 1 signer for each $100 spent. FreeStateNow! yields 1 signer for each $35 dollars spent.

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 17, 2011, 01:39 PM NHFT
such poor business model.
So, how's the comptetion doing? The competiton to the Free State Project- how are they doing? Really, I want to know! Post some links, post some evidence. Your claim of a "poor business model" will have more weight, when you have something to compare the Free State Project to. :)

Lloyd Danforth

It wasn't $100. It was stated as 3 figures.  Most of the signers cost that amount. The $35 figure is new and doesn't represent very many of the 11 thou. In any event, it is movers that count, so multiply by 11. $35 is also too much for signers who will never move.
I Used to spend a lot of time and money promoting the FSP.

ninetales1234

Thank you for your responsive answer, Lloyd*

*I'm being facetious.

Lloyd Danforth

ninetales1234

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 17, 2011, 07:19 PM NHFT
$35 is also too much for signers who will never move.

OK, well I'm not gonna feed the trolls, but Lloyd has obliquely mentioned a topic that I think is important in regard to the FSP, so I think I'll say a few things about it.

I know I'm not saying something that's never been said before, but...

I don't care too much if not all 20,000 signers move.

• Some people signed up in 2001-2003, etc., and we have to assume that some of them have forgotten they signed up and some of them have died. There is nothing or next-to-nothing that can be done about this.
  • Once the signups are done and the five years have passed- yes, not all 20,000 are going to move. However, so much progress is going to be achieved, and it is going to be so well-publicized, that people previously uninterested will want to move. So, in fact, there will be more than 20,000 new "porcupines" in New Hampshire.
  • The sooner we can get large numbers of freedom-loving people to move, the better.

I have seen Lloyd's huge post count and am not too interested in getting into a debate with him; this is just me, posting reasons why it doesn't matter if some of the signers pull out. Bringing that counter up to 20,000 is what matters, even if some of 'em change their mind.

Lloyd Danforth

As someone who is here on the ground in NH involved in Politics and Civil Disobedience, I agree about not needing 20K.
Ron Paul being introduced yesterday in Concord by a Free Stater is an excellent example of what Free Staters are getting done here.
I know that this program is my friend, Mark's idea and it is an improvement over what the FSP was doing.
My problem is with the organization. The 4000 signers that were left after the vote, should have been here for a few years, by now.
Good luck with all you do. I'd rather devote my $35 to someone doing activism here in NH.

Dave Ridley

Well the debate about this did serve one purpose.  It reminded me to do a news blurb updating the status of this Free State Now endeavor. 

brycen

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on August 17, 2011, 07:28 AM NHFT

100 people could donate $35 and you'd have $3,500 too.

That would be an interesting experiment. Someone could start another pledge looking for 100 people to donate $35 each. Which would raise more money, or if they both succeed, which would reach the goal faster? Competition!! 200 more movers that way!

ninetales1234

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on August 18, 2011, 04:38 PM NHFT
As someone who is here on the ground in NH involved in Politics and Civil Disobedience, I agree about not needing 20K.
OK, thanks for clarifying your point.

QuoteRon Paul being introduced yesterday in Concord by a Free Stater is an excellent example of what Free Staters are getting done here.
I know that this program is my friend, Mark's idea and it is an improvement over what the FSP was doing.
My problem is with the organization. The 4000 signers that were left after the vote, should have been here for a few years, by now.
Good luck with all you do. I'd rather devote my $35 to someone doing activism here in NH.
Thanks. As a show of the fact that I think both are important (promoting future movers and helping people who already moved), I donated about 9 hours of my wages to the CD Evolution fund- prior to promoting this pledgebank page.