• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Autumn Peace & Forgiveness - and more? - outreach

Started by John, August 18, 2011, 02:34 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Planning for some Autumn Peace & Forgiveness outreach, I went to scout out the Lebanon Green as a possible outdoor venue.

With the weather as near to perfect as it gets, the stage looking so inviting, and a ready made audience of a bunch of young adults on and around one bench quite nearby, and several other benches occupied by nice folks of varying ages, etc., I decided that despite not having my guitar with me, today was as good as any to start.

I went on stage and warmed up with "Find the Cost of Freedom," and was surprised to get a bit of small applause from several of the young folk. I did it again, a bit louder, and got a bit more applause, and folks on the other benches were beginning to take notice. Next I sang, "On the Road to Freedom." Some of the young folks surly got the first verse and even respoded audibly - and visibly.

Before I had finished with my final song, "Down By The Riverside/Study War No More," one woman and child were even listening from outside the fence.

So, instead of just scouting, I did some "test-marketing." 
I'll be Back.

Tom Sawyer

John

Thanks. It was kinda fun.
I didn't know the stage existed until I saw it when I walked into the park today. So, I was there to just walk around the park and get a feel for the place. However, seeing the stage was accessible, I then thought I might as well just walk up the stairs on one side, have a look around, then just walk down the other, and go back to church... But, when I stopped on stage to look around, I figured; Hey, what the heck, I'm here, why not try something right now? Everyone was surprised - including I. :)

Posted a link to this thread several places on FB, with messages like:
"John Connell
Upper Valley. I've begun "test-marketing" a venue for some outreach. The outreach could evolve to be much wider in scope than I'm currently planning, but this is where Peaceful Assembly Church was today. This could be a nice Tuesday afternoon activity, and could even be a nice place to meet before Liberty Tuesday. More "big city" ideas to follow. :) "

Russell Kanning

people do come and go there often
usually a relaxed crowd from old to kids
seems perfect for before the meeting