• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jury Rights Day, 5 September 2011

Started by MTPorcupine3, August 24, 2011, 06:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MTPorcupine3

The Fully Informed Jury Association has announced Jury Rights Day, to be celebrated far and wide 5 September 2011.

Check out the report at NHJury.com here: http://nhjury.com/jury-rights-day-5-septbember-2011/

QuoteWe encourage everyone to do one or more of the following simple things to celebrate Jury Rights Day:
-Gather a group of friends and hand out some brochures (order here or print your own).
-Call in to or be a guest on talk radio shows.
-Write letters to the editor (download boilerplates you can adapt).
-Speak at schools or to civic groups.
-Add a Jury Rights Day graphic to your website and link to FIJA.
-Follow FIJA on Twitter and use hashtag #juryrightsday to promote Jury Rights Day before September 5 and to inform people about jurors' rights on September 5.
-Post a Jury Rights Day status on your Facebook page and link to FIJA.
-Kick off a Challenge for Churches series at your church.
-Get in touch with one of your state contacts to help plan an event for Jury Rights Day or contact us to volunteer as a FIJA contact in your state.

Scott Roth

If anyone needs FIJA brochures, I'm ready to print. :D

KBCraig

Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on August 24, 2011, 06:11 PM NHFT
QuoteWe encourage everyone to do one or more of the following simple things to celebrate Jury Rights Day:

-Follow FIJA on Twitter and use hashtag #juryrightsday to promote Jury Rights Day before September 5 and to inform people about jurors' rights on September 5.

That all sounds good, but you probably won't be informing any jurors about their rights on September 5. It's Labor Day, and the courts are closed.  ;)

John

Every day is JUROR outreach day for me.

Not yet sure what I'll do on the 5th.

Scott Roth

John - I've got 250 of the new "True or False" brochures ready to go.  Where do you want me to send them?

John

Thanks so much Scott. I am literally down to fewer than a dozen of those, after this week's outreach.
I'm at:

Peaceful Assembly Church
860 Main St., Rt. 4
Grafton Center, NH

Peace

Scott Roth

Scott Roth

Shipping them today by Express Mail.  Let me know what other brochures you need...I'll get printing.  Thanks for your hard work and dedication.  It is greatly appreciated by those of us who can't get out.

MTPorcupine3

Thank you, Scott. If we don't have our New Hampshire juror outreach brochures by this week, we'll definitely be needing them.

John

Thanks Scott. Received late Tuesday.

Had VERY good conversation with a mom (from North Woodstock) and her just-old-enough-to-drive son on Thursday... :)

John

September 5 is "Jury [I suggest the word JUROR] Rights Day." http://fija.org/

Red Beckman is THE granddaddy of the JUROR info moment. Red Beckman is the man who taught the concept of JUROR rights to Larry and Don, who later founded FIJA...
Red Beckman's Fully Informed JUROR Training, Part 1 - Red Beckman's Fully Informed Jury Training Part 1

Please learn - and help spread - JUROR info today, and every day.