• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Another episode of 'It's Always Stupid in Connecticut'

Started by Jim Johnson, August 26, 2011, 10:01 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44284948/ns/us_news/#.TleyzF3mtlc
From AP thru MSNBC

SHELTON, Conn. — A Connecticut man was so upset about the lack of parking enforcement in his town that he parked his car illegally in a handicapped space and called police over a dozen times. When they showed up, they subdued him with a stun gun and arrested him.

Shelton police say they had to use the stun gun on Michael Andes Thursday morning after he became combative and screamed at officers that they weren't doing their job. He was charged with breach of peace, interfering with an officer and was given a parking ticket.

Authorities say Andes first called police at 2 a.m. and yelled at a dispatcher.

Andes posted $1,000 bail and is due in court Sept. 6. There's no phone listing for Andes. It's unclear if he has a lawyer.

KBCraig

So, he was upset that police weren't violating enough people, now he's upset that they violated him?

Jim Johnson

I think that comes under 'Be Careful of What You Ask For', 'Karma can be a bitch', 'If You Mess With the Bull You're Going to Get the Horn', and 'What did you expect... it's Connecticut'.

Lloyd Danforth

Well, this shit does happen in other states, but these are happening in CT:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/connecticut/articles/2011/08/23/conn_woman_sues_over_sex_abuse_of_horse/?camp=obinsite

SHELTON, Conn.—A Connecticut woman is suing a neighbor accused of sexually abusing her horse.

Joan Flannery of Shelton has filed a lawsuit in Milford Superior Court seeking at least $5,000 from Marian Wegiel for emotional distress and the cost of surveillance cameras and locks.

Wegiel was arrested in Flannery's corral last October when police responded to reports of a man inappropriately touching the horse. He was charged with animal cruelty and other crimes. He was placed on accelerated rehabilitation in May and the charges will be erased if he completes a two-year probation period.

The New Haven Register reports ( http://bit.ly/olXcLv) that Flannery's lawsuit claims that Wegiel is also responsible for the death of another horse that died of a vaginal infection.

Wegiel's lawyer denies the allegations about the horse that died.

Jim Johnson

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

Connecticut?

Maybe it's Connecticut.

Did you try Connecticut?

Maybe if you looked in Connecticut.

Russell Kanning

accelerated rehabilitation? is that legal in most states?

Lloyd Danforth

Russell Kanning

WithoutAPaddle

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on August 27, 2011, 12:04 PM NHFT
"Sons and daughters of whores."
Sir Johnson

;D

"Ah, the Welsh, the Welsh...  All the Welsh are rugby players or whores"

"My grandmother is Welsh!"

"Really?  What position does she play?"

-From, Dave Allen at Large

Russell Kanning

that's a good one
we met a guy today who lived in Hartford for a long time

Jim Johnson

Pat K

John

Holding a sign and protesting in Connecticut (several years ago) lead we to think people there are disturbingly strange. Never in my life have I seen such reactions to demonstrations. Reactions ranged from looks of, "I don't really care to know anything about it yet somehow I'm just mildly annoyed that there is something in my field of vision which seems a bit out of place", to an active and complete-non concern for the well-being of others, to total apathy, to an active boredom. A best, there might be a slight yet fading hope for those who exhibited a sort of sleepy malaise.
I was forever impressed.