• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jobs With out a SSN #

Started by AvatarofVirgo, November 24, 2005, 09:29 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Sometimes we look at each other and wonder what is the best course of action ..... and it seems right to stay here and fight them for our benefit and everyone else here in america.
What do you guys think?

It seems like we are in a very similar situation as when Germany wanted to expand their empire and were putting more controls in place.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on November 26, 2005, 09:56 AM NHFT
Are you saying we should leave the country rather than stay in NH and fight it?
No.

Pat McCotter

Heyduke

Quote from: russellkanning on November 26, 2005, 09:03 AM NHFT
I wonder if people said to each other "choose your battles" in Germany in the 30's

I wonder how many people actually consider the source and the audience whilst dispensing and receiving advice on the interweb? 

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Heyduke on November 26, 2005, 08:56 PM NHFT
I wonder how many people actually consider the source and the audience whilst dispensing and receiving advice on the interweb?
I don't quite know what you mean. Can you explain?

Heyduke

Quote from: russellkanning on November 27, 2005, 07:16 AM NHFT
Quote from: Heyduke on November 26, 2005, 08:56 PM NHFT
I don't quite know what you mean. Can you explain?

Of course I can explain, but that does not mean that what you read is what I mean. 

My point is simply that posters on a web forum can at best make assumptions regarding the source of posts and/or responses to enquiries.  It is my experience that too many are in too big a hurry to post The Answer or The Solution to consider that The Answer or The Solution are not necessarily applicable.  Similarly, those seeking information or suggestions are at risk of receiving bad advice. 

ergo--Consider the Source; Consider the Audience

How is that?

and now I counter with:  What does Germany in the 1930's have to do with this? 

Russell Kanning

I think that sometimes we give in to the oppressive government to get along for another day and we are getting pushed into a police state. I think that our police state matches the nazi one more than other examples.

Heyduke

Quote from: russellkanning on November 28, 2005, 07:11 AM NHFT
I think that sometimes we give in to the oppressive government to get along for another day and we are getting pushed into a police state. I think that our police state matches the nazi one more than other examples.

I concur.

I do worry that the potential of too many is wasted by cutting off their noses to spite their faces. 

At the very least I feel that we should all advocate education and enlightenment before action.  Civil disobedience has its place. 

Russell Kanning

I think we should educate people ..... this action thing is overrated.

Kat Kanning

Russell, you need to change your mood to "sarcastic"   :P

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Heyduke on November 28, 2005, 07:26 PM NHFTI do worry that the potential of too many is wasted by cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

At the very least I feel that we should all advocate education and enlightenment before action. Civil disobedience has its place.
It is way too dangerous to actually say "no" to the government .... even when they are doing wrong things to us. Maybe it is best to keep using our SS#s during our lifetime, so we can maintain our lifestyles. Maybe our kids can refuse to be numbered and taxed. But that might not be a good idea either. We don't want them to be locked out of any opportunities.
I guess we should just educate people about how rotten SS#s are and write letters to our Representatives. Direct action against the government is just too risky.

Heyduke

Quote from: russellkanning on November 29, 2005, 07:12 AM NHFT
Quote from: Heyduke on November 28, 2005, 07:26 PM NHFTI do worry that the potential of too many is wasted by cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

At the very least I feel that we should all advocate education and enlightenment before action. Civil disobedience has its place.
It is way too dangerous to actually say "no" to the government .... even when they are doing wrong things to us. Maybe it is best to keep using our SS#s during our lifetime, so we can maintain our lifestyles. Maybe our kids can refuse to be numbered and taxed. But that might not be a good idea either. We don't want them to be locked out of any opportunities.
I guess we should just educate people about how rotten SS#s are and write letters to our Representatives. Direct action against the government is just too risky.

best bet is to be a luddite--just toss that technology straight jacket and its narcissistic trappings right out the window.  real change is best gotten from the muddy fields of discontent with ploughshares.  hell...you could be a modern day Shay...I've got my pulaski, let's march!

Heyduke

Quote from: russellkanning on November 29, 2005, 07:12 AM NHFT

What was that line...? 

"Well...the world needs ditchdiggers too..."

burnthebeautiful

Quote from: katdillon on November 26, 2005, 09:56 AM NHFT
Are you saying we should leave the country rather than stay in NH and fight it?

There aren't many places in the world that are as free, or free-er than NH. It's not like there's some libertarian paradise island everywhere. Arguably the most libertarian places in the world, apart from NH, are Liechtenstain and Monaco. There seems to be a correlation between small countries and libertarianism.