• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Ian demonstration / carpool Sept 18 2:30 p.m.

Started by Dave Ridley, September 07, 2011, 09:28 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Ridley

Am I the only one who is frustrated that there has apparently been no attempt to even organize a protest against Ian Freeman's excessive sentence?

http://freekeene.com/2011/08/10/free-keene-blogger-ian-freeman-caged-for-90-days/

In the absence of some disabling disaster, I am going to come out there and do it myself.

What: Free Ian Freeman demonstration
When: Sun Sept 18 2:30 PM,  gather in Wal Mart parking lot on Hwy 101 for carpool.  http://mapq.st/r8mwTp Half hour later demonstration begins.  2.5 hours later Social Sunday begins.
Where:  Demo is at 825 Marlboro Rd. (aka Hwy 101) Keene, New Hampshire. On the roadside near the Cheshire County Jail.
   http://mapq.st/qhvqOd
Why:  Judge burdened taxpayers with an unnecessary expense.  Judge burdened generous and harmless Keene resident with months of lost productivity, all over a victimless....some say constructive "crime." He peaceably defended a young lady against aggressing policy enforcement officers.
How: Bring some signs and some harmless street theater.  Keep it safe.  Do not enter jail property as part of the demonstration unless you want to be arrested...in that case at least make sure you are within visual range of activist cameras.  If you're attending, please swap cell phone numbers with as many other attendees as possible.

I am thinking at this point we set the parking lot near the 101 wal mart in keene as the carpool location.  Appear there at 2:30 if you want to provide or accept a ride.   Probably best to take and give rides only to people you know.  Carpool will alleviate hopefully the problem that there are apparently parking issues near the jail.  Can I get a volunteer to stay AT the carpool site, keep an eye on the vehicles and keep an eye out for late arriving folks who need a ride?   If not, I may have to do THAT myself instead of being at the demo.

For those who drive to the jail itself, what is the best thing to do in terms of parking out there....

The fact that this protest would need to be outside a jail which has misbehaved against protesters...makes it all the more important to undertake.  I am not saying it needs to be on jail property; it doesn't.   Hwy 101 works relatively well; aside from the parking issue at least it gets you seen by hundreds of motorists.

dalebert

Dave Ridley

Thanks Dale.    I am thinking at this point we set the parking lot near the 101 wal mart in keene as the carpool location.  Appear there at 2:30 if you want to provide or accept a ride.   Probably best to give rides only to people you know.  This will alleviate hopefully the problem that there are apparently parking issues near the jail.

For those who drive to the jail itself, what is the best thing to do in terms of parking out there....

Dave Ridley

Can I get a volunteer to stay AT the carpool site, keep an eye on the vehicles and keep an eye out for late arriving folks who need a ride?   If not, I may have to do THAT myself.  I also would welcome any cell phone numbers you guys can give me if you're attending.    Do cells work in front of the jail?

If all of you attending would try and exchange cell numbers with other attendees...that may help. 

Dave Ridley

A facebook page is up now.  If you can't be there, maybe drop by this page and use it to invite attendees.  That would help almost as much as you being there. 

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=250129091698788

brycen

All right, my first protest, 2 days after arriving, which will be tomorrow!

And it's the day after the big Boston Freedom Rally, aka MassCann.

Guess I'm really jumping in with both feet!

FTL_Ian

Thanks everyone.  The prisoners enjoyed your appearance!

Russell Kanning

good to hear .... even if I got the news really late :)