• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Arrests in Keene Square. Derrick was maced while in cuffs.

Started by Jim Johnson, September 10, 2011, 01:08 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Kat Kanning

I don't mean to be rude or anything, I didn't recognize anyone in the film...

The guy being arrested said the cop didn't look good doing this to peaceful people.  From the film all I saw was a bunch of people screaming and cussing the cop out.  They didn't look real peaceful.  I know how the adrenaline gets ramped up when these things happen.  Just something to think about.

Tom Sawyer

I agree... I know I can get loud myself, but I try to articulate something recognizable and rational sounding. Being aware of how the incident sounds and will be perceived by others is important.

I've noticed how the tone of an incident can be changed for the worse by one person shouting "Nazis!" or other such nonsense. The less experienced in the crowd then start acting out and it sounds like a riot.

Tom Sawyer

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 10, 2011, 05:00 PM NHFT
I agree... I know I can get loud myself, but I try to articulate something recognizable and rational sounding. Being aware of how the incident sounds and will be perceived by others is important.

I've noticed how the tone of an incident can be changed for the worse by one person shouting "Nazis!" or other such nonsense. The less experienced in the crowd then start acting out and it sounds like a riot.

Too bad Becky wasn't there

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on September 10, 2011, 05:00 PM NHFT

That's why a repertoire of songs would come in handy...

John

Kat Kanning

dalebert

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Pat K on September 10, 2011, 01:48 AM NHFT
The purpose?
They do it cause they can.

My understanding is that he refused to get in the car.  Years ago, the typical cop response to such a refusal would be to violently throw you in the car while saying "watch your head."  Even the old typical response was a horrible idea.  These cops seemed either to lazy  or too mean spirited (perhaps both) for that response.  As more and more cops around the country get tazers, I will not be surprised if years from now the typical response is to taze and/or mace folks if they refuse to get in the cop car.

Pat K

Well yes the fantasy of things were better
in the old days, is not true. They did things then
cause they could.
Now they just get videoed, though it does not seem to
worrying them to much  does it.

AntonLee

I'd rather be violently thrown into a cop car rather than chemically attacked or electrocuted.

John

Ever since first seeing how popular tazers are with cops, I've been saying:
Cops used to beat people with clubs more, when they knew they could get away with that. Cops sprayed people with water hoses when they knew they could get away with that. Etc. Etc. Now, cops tazer and mace people routinely, because they know they can get away with that. And, cops routinely murder people's pet dogs, because they know that they can get away with that. I believe that, when cops think they can get away with it, they will shot people as routinely.

I'm thinking MOST cops wish there were many fewer trials, because they think they are quite capable of dishing out all the "necessary" punishment - - - and lots of EXTRA, just to be certain that "enough" has been dealt out.

I also believe that, if they thought they could get away with it, MANY cops would routinely use torture; not necessarily to gain any information, but more as a way of getting their jollies. I think that MOST cops would love to be able to at least "experiment" with torture more than just what they can currently get away with.