• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Taproom Tuesday is dead, Long Live Milly's Mingle

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, September 15, 2011, 12:08 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

For the past few months, Taproom Tuesday (a historical weekly gathering for the FSP and various liberty lovers) has seen declining attendance. So much so that for three weeks in a row, new movers to Manchester have gone and literally been the ONLY attendees.

This is sad.

There is a new event, called the Milly's Mingle that intends to replace it, welcome visitors and introduce new movers to Manchester. It takes place on Tuesdays between 5:30 and 9:30 pm, though feel free to hang out as long as you'd like!

The Milly's Mingle is a weekly event for Free State Project members and other liberty-loving people to gather, eat, drink, socialize and be merry.

The event is open to anyone, but visitors and new movers to New Hampshire are ESPECIALLY invited as a welcome and introduction to Manchester's community.

Milly's Tavern is Manchester's only brew pub and has amazing drink and food specials during this event. *Be there in time to take advantage of these specials!*

1/2 price appetizers until 7pm with $1.50 beers.
Between 7:00 and 7:30, beers are only $1. Between 7:30 and 8pm, beers are $1.50 with $2 beers served for the rest of the evening.

Milly's prefers to have combined checks, but as a compromise they will break checks down by table. So please be prepared to have a shared bill with a few people next to you. The number of people per check should be small enough to easily account for everyone on it though, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Milly's Tavern is located at 500 Commercial St in Manchester.

doobie

That's too bad, the time B and I went to Milly's the food was CRAP and we haven't gone back.

Lloyd Danforth

The Merrimack Valley Porcs first started to meet at Milly's

PassionatePantherrr

Definitely agree with Doobie, most of the food is mediocre at best, however the beers are really good (only on rare occasion have I not liked something), and you can't beat those prices for them.

doobie

Quote from: PassionatePantherrr on September 17, 2011, 01:34 PM NHFT
Definitely agree with Doobie, most of the food is mediocre at best, however the beers are really good (only on rare occasion have I not liked something), and you can't beat those prices for them.

Which I think is why everyone went there....to drink....  but Becky nor I really drink.  If I'm going out to socialize it's for appetizers, which Milly's is NOT the place.

K. Darien Freeheart

There's not a single place in Manchester that people agree on, perhaps with the exception of Jillian's which we meet at for the Manchester Freedom League.

Taproom, Milly's, Strangebrew, Margaritas all have people who boycott them. Can't please everyone, sadly.

Russell Kanning

i wonder why the taproom tuesdays stopped ..... did the republican party open up a new office?

AntonLee

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 19, 2011, 09:04 PM NHFT
i wonder why the taproom tuesdays stopped ..... did the republican party open up a new office?

LOL

Quote from: AntonLee on September 20, 2011, 05:40 AM NHFT
segregated pricing

Whaaaa?

Anyway, David Krouse is visiting Manch and will probably be at this tonight. I might poke my head in briefly as well. Not really a big fan of either location (Murphy's or Millie's).

KBCraig

Quote from: Kevin Freeheart on September 19, 2011, 03:26 PM NHFT
Taproom, Milly's, Strangebrew, Margaritas all have people who boycott them.

I would think that Strangebrew is a no-go for obvious reasons. Cop bars aren't really welcoming spots for liberty lovers.

Russell Kanning

once I knew that taproom gave a discount to cops and firemen and not to my gang .... I had thought about joining a tougher gang .... like one with Dale and David in it :)

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on September 20, 2011, 08:41 PM NHFT
once I knew that taproom gave a discount to cops and firemen and not to my gang .... I had thought about joining a tougher gang .... like one with Dale and David in it :)

You might not care for the initiation rituals to the gay gang.

Pat K

Yeah and if ya get caught wearing white after labor day
they water board ya!

MaineShark

Quote from: Pat K on September 21, 2011, 12:08 AM NHFTYeah and if ya get caught wearing white after labor day
they water board ya!

That's not water...

Joe

dalebert

Quote from: Pat K on September 21, 2011, 12:08 AM NHFT
Yeah and if ya get caught wearing white after labor day
they water board ya!

That's nothing compared to bright yellow over pink!