• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Milly's Mingle

Started by K. Darien Freeheart, September 21, 2011, 06:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

K. Darien Freeheart

The Milly's Mingle is a weekly event for Free State Project members and other liberty-loving people to gather, eat, drink, socialize and be merry.

The event is open to anyone, but visitors and new movers to New Hampshire are ESPECIALLY invited as a welcome and introduction to Manchester's community.

Milly's Tavern is Manchester's only brew pub and has amazing drink and food specials during this event. *Be there in time to take advantage of these specials!*

1/2 price appetizers until 7pm with $1.50 beers.
Between 7:00 and 7:30, beers are only $1. Between 7:30 and 8pm, beers are $1.50 with $2 beers served for the rest of the evening.

Milly's prefers to have combined checks, but as a compromise they will break checks down by table. So please be prepared to have a shared bill with a few people next to you. The number of people per check should be small enough to easily account for everyone on it though, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Milly's Tavern is located at 500 Commercial St in Manchester.

dalebert

Quote from: Kevin Freeheart on September 21, 2011, 06:12 PM NHFT
1/2 price appetizers until 7pm

But 3/4 size. So it's really 2/3 price appetizers.

doobie

Quote from: dalebert on September 21, 2011, 07:19 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kevin Freeheart on September 21, 2011, 06:12 PM NHFT
1/2 price appetizers until 7pm

But 3/4 size. So it's really 2/3 price appetizers.

I think the last time we were there (well before 7pm), we paid $7 for 5 really really really CRAPPY wings with CRAPPY CRAPPY service.

dalebert

I was not impressed with my order or the service the last time I was there. This is NOT to be taken as an endorsement of Murphy's, by any means. I'm just saying Millie's doesn't appeal to me either. However, I don't drink beer. I think if you're primarily there to enjoy beer, I can see the appeal.

K. Darien Freeheart

Having spoken with management, a few things are clear.

1.) They're Free Stater friendly. Perhaps not ideologically, but they understand that Free Staters are here and part of the economy. They're also aware that we travel in groups and (on average) spend and tip well.

2.) They're interested in having us there each week.

3.) They're aware that service has been an issue.

In response, we'll be getting a "dedicated" server for this event. Someone who is aware of us and will ensure that we're taken care of. Should service continue to suck, we can bring complaints directly to management and have a new server assigned.

MaineShark

Yeah, he's highly approachable.  If anyone has a concern, just mention it, and it generally gets addressed immediately.

I would suggest that anyone who's had a bad experience, at least give them another shot.  It's not haute cuisine, but it's generally decent, and I've rarely had service issues.  Of course, I'm usually there with a group, and groups tend to get dedicated servers, as Freeheart notes.

Joe

KBCraig

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Milly's is anti-gun. Their policy is "no guns", but they don't post notices and don't make an issue unless someone is carrying openly (it's been an issue in the past).

Obviously this is just me repeating old second-hand information, but I was told privately in response to these threads that it's still their policy.

FYI, just data for others to be aware of.

MaineShark

Milly's has a "no open carry" policy.  The manager knows for a fact that some of us are carrying, and has said it's not any problem for them, as long as it's concealed.

Joe

K. Darien Freeheart

The last OFFICIAL word I got was that is not true.

This is a point I need to bring up with them and I intend to do it. The very last thing I have heard was that they do NOT have a no-gun policy. They have a "Please don't do stuff to freak out our other customers" policy. It's been said that there is no issue with open carry if we have the back room and that once we've got 25 to 30 people, we will.

I still need personal clarification on this though, especially since the event isn't yet regularly around 30 people. I will get it soon.

Dave Ridley

Kevin thank you for setting this up.  I may be doing a couple things to support it within the next few weeks but we'll see what's practical on my end.

We should be thoughtful of Milly's management.  The owner is pretty cool I've talked to him a couple times about some of the "issues" and his position are reasonable, the ones I know of. 

Dave Ridley

I'd like to urge people to engage in more commerce with each other at these events.   Unobtrusively and maybe not inside the tavern...but that was an element that was somewhat missing at Taproom.  Add trade to a thing and you make it more sustainable. 

Here's my current list of stuff I want to buy from you guys!

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=23375.0

Dave Ridley

event going strong.  We had about 25 people at the one this week.

Russell Kanning