• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jason Talley arrested

Started by Jim Johnson, September 23, 2011, 11:09 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 24, 2011, 01:21 PM NHFTJust because you don't hear about things like this very often doesn't mean it's rare.

In NH?  This sort of thing is rare.

Quote from: Jim Johnson on September 24, 2011, 01:21 PM NHFTThe more people that are out there filming the "authorities" the more they are going to get caught.

They being the authorities doing their nasty deeds.
Also more people like Jason, Sam and Ridley.

You can list the folks this has been done to.  In a State which declares well over a million individuals as its "citizens."

Yes, this happens here, but it happens far more, elsewhere.  That's because folks here don't just lie down and take it.  Enough of them refuse to grovel, that the thugs know there's a meaningful chance they will have a significant hassle to deal with, any time they do something like this.  They still pull their nonsense, but at nowhere near the rate that they do in places where most folks are more compliant, and they know they'll get away with it.

The more folks who stand up for their rights, the less they'll do this sort of nonsense, regardless of whether the politicians change any laws.  That's the beauty of civil disobedience: it works directly on the root of the issue, which is actual thugs attacking actual innocent individuals.  Sure, the politicians can meet and perform their rituals and re-write their little prayers to the almighty State, but that's several layers removed from the actual violence that occurs.  Convincing the cops that, even if they have the law on their side, it's going to be more hassle than it's worth, immediately stops that innocent individual from being attacked.

Yes, Jason Talley's sitting in a jail cell, but he's not doing what they want, and he's not giving them the personal validation that they crave.  The more of a hassle he creates for them, the less likely they are to pull the same stunt, with the next individual.  NH is far from perfect, but the fact that so many have been just that little bit less than compliant (and a few have been significantly less than compliant), means that they don't do stuff like this as much as the cops do in places where they know they are nearly guaranteed instant gratification from a grovelling supplicant.

Joe

KBCraig

Jason is out. He posted a status update today on Facebook; details yet to come.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 24, 2011, 01:44 PM NHFT
I hate thinking about Jason Talley sitting there in a jail cell.  :(
yea he can't properly dance in there
need beautiful women around to do with style

Kat Kanning

Free libertarian

Jason's  "preliminary pre-trial hearing" was scheduled for 11/22 in Chesire County Superior Court in Keene, NH.  Jason was accompanied by several activists and motioned to re-schedule this hearing to 12/20/11.   Jason told the judge he intends the entire process to be transparent and captured on video. As of now his trial will be held "sometime in February"    More details will follow and be posted as the dates are known.

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for keeping us informed.  :)

Unless I'm willing to do the Facebook thing it's getting hard to be aware of important activist goings on.

Russell Kanning

I even check on facebook every few days and there is no way I could keep up at that pace. I guess our movement will also split up along the lines of how you promote events or report on them. :)

Free libertarian

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 26, 2011, 04:25 PM NHFT
I even check on facebook every few days and there is no way I could keep up at that pace. I guess our movement will also split up along the lines of how you promote events or report on them. :)

This website  - NHJury.com -  will likely keep things updated as long as the guys running it can stay out of jail that is.

Jim Johnson

So, this remains the most dependable website for information?

Free libertarian

Well, Sir Jim, the term "information" is somewhat biased.  I intend to update people with what is going on in Jason's case, what has happened at hearings and of course the pending trial.   However as any "news agency" is wont to do, any reports I create will be somewhat slanted with my opinion.   There's likely stuff on facebook, but I don't do facebook so I can't say what might be there or not.

As an aside I believe NHJury.com will hand out brochures to the jury pool as well as conduct an "informational sign wave"   ;) the morning of Jason's trial.  Of course other nonaffiliated persons might want to exercise their right of free speech and show up with their signs etc.   

I like many others see this as a very important trial and hope there are lots of liberty activists present to support Jason.

Russell Kanning

so the latest is sometime in february?

Free libertarian

"sometime in February" was what was uttered by the judge at Jason's "pre-pre- trial conference".  However he has paperwork that states a date in January, presumably that has changed to "sometime in February" and the Court Clerk will send notice and it will then be "official".

One should note that the "pre-pre-trial" conference did not "officially" happen as Jason moved for a continuance to ensure cameras would be there and the whole thing could be transparent.

Nobody engaged in an Abbott and Costello game of "who's on first" but I expect this could happen in the future.

The breakfast we had after the court event that did not officially happen with Jim and Lauren was good though, so all was not lost.
I believe Jim had pan cakes.   :P

Russell Kanning

excellent
the courtroom antics just keep coming
aren't there all sorts of activists coming and going from court in keene and manchestah?

Free libertarian

I believe Jason has a final pre-trial conference on 1/31/12 in Chesire County Superior Court....I'll try to post the time when I get it.

Russell Kanning

man they love the endless meetings