• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Jason Talley arrested

Started by Jim Johnson, September 23, 2011, 11:09 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

Today there was a pre-trial hearing at Chesire County Superior Court.  It was brief. A woman judge (didn't catch her name) presided and amongst the 17 persons who were scheduled for a hearing in the court room that day she selected Jason to go first.  This may have been to make some space in the court room as the "public" seating contained many of Jason's supporters and the free press present to witness or document the event.

The judge was already seated when Jason's supporters and the free press entered so the "all rise" formalities were not an issue. Although a dangerous hat was demanded to be removed.

It appears upon complying with the proper court rules and paperwork filing that Brad Jardis will be allowed to represent Jason as his legal counsel.  This involves filing a notarized affidavit and a declaration of good character etc. on Brad's part.

Because three Chesire County Superior Court bailiffs will be witnesses and two are directly involved in this case, the judge (perhaps prompted by the prosecutor? not sure if a motion was filed or not) moved the trial to April 2012.  Apparently the court needs some time to ensure that other bailliffs will be available as the regular staff will be busy with their direct involvement in the case. That seemed to be a reasonable request so Jason did not object to the State / Court moving the trial ahead.

There was some talk of changing venue from Chesire County Superior Court to another location.  Jason mentioned his concern with his ability to get a fair trial at Chesire County.  I'm not sure if the change in venue will be granted or which location it might change to...will try to update as I find out.

A couple of deputies seemed concerned about people lingering and made sure to move people out of the court room and court house as quickly as possible.  While the deputies could have been a bit more polite, all escaped without harm. 

...stay tuned.  Please feel free to post this post elsewhere if you are inclined to.

Russell Kanning

great story from that young crackerjack reporter I have heard so much about
isn't it being determined how "free" the press really is in this case?
I would think that Brad might make "the court" uncomfortable :)
maybe this trial needs to be held in Le Hague or someplace similar

Free libertarian

...but wait...there's more !  For a radio update on Jason's situation check out this podcast about one minute or so into the audio.

http://fr33agents.com/fr33-agents-radio-news-1-31-2012/