• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Executioner Cops In NH

Started by Lloyd Danforth, September 28, 2011, 01:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryswife

Lloyd, several of those people were threatening suicide, the police were just helping them do it. Policemen are your friends.

Pat K

To be fair if someone is coming at me with a knife
I'M gonna shoot them too.

Lloyd Danforth

That is what their nightstick was for and now Taser and Mace. Most of these situations could be handled with a weighted net.

CurtHowland

When a cop is killed, people put up plaques and shrines to them.

The guy who washed off chalk in Manch was cleaning the shrine to cops killed, all 6 or so of them, since 1880.

The chalk said, "How many people have the police killed? Where is there shrine?" (paraphrased)

Pat K

Some folks have not seen the damage a big knife can
do, it is fearsome, I am not going dual with them with sticks
or hope that the mace stops them. Tazers ? I don't know how
reliably they drop people.

Lloyd Danforth

They, in theory, have signed on to a job that is supposed to take guts. They should be willing to take greater risks than missing out on a butternut cream due to tardyness getting to DD"S.

CurtHowland

I don't think anyone believes that all cops everywhere always shoot out of aggression. There are going to be situations where they do in fact shoot in self defense. Just like you and me.

The issue is the very real lack of responsibility for their own actions that police have. Their actions over time have demonstrated a systematic failure to hold "law enforcement" to anything like the standards to which society in general is held.

If anything, their supposed "professionalism" and "training" means they deserve to held to a greater standard of professionalism, with less room for error and greater penalties for overstepping the bounds of propriety.

What has occurred instead is a lack of accountability, knee-jerk defense of police actions assumed as justified regardless of results, perjury and collusion at every turn (as proven any time there is a recording of the actual events), and such corruption that things like perjury and destruction of evidence end up being reasons for promotion within the "force".

Individually a cop may be a perfectly good person. Once in their pack they end up being nothing but ravening wolves. A perfect example of mob mentality.

Sam A. Robrin

And since we know full well they'll never be held accountable by government, it's up to the people--but the fable of "Who'll bell the cat?" is in operation, here.

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on September 30, 2011, 06:26 AM NHFT
They, in theory, have signed on to a job that is supposed to take guts. They should be willing to take greater risks than missing out on a butternut cream due to tardyness getting to DD"S.

I totally understand what you're saying -- police are often too quick to shoot, and generally get a pass on shooting the wrong person, or for shooting when John Q. would find himself in legal trouble for the same thing. They also have other tools, like tasers and batons, that John Q. generally doesn't, not to mention all that expensive training we've paid for.

That said, both police and regular citizens who take self defense firearms training, have all heard about the Tueller Drill, AKA "the 21 foot rule". The idea of "he only had a knife!" really doesn't apply these days, except in news story comments.

Kat Kanning

Whoa, remind me not to chop veggies around PatK again!  :o

Lloyd Danforth

I fed him lots of chopped vegetables last weekend, but I never let him see the knife.