• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Logs in Grafton

Started by MaineShark, September 24, 2013, 12:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

I'm clearing a lot of trees.  I have a logger taking a few of the larger trees, since he's insured and they're right next to the house.  I'm cutting down the rest, and I really don't have any use for the wood.  If you're willing to take the limbs and brush, you can also have the rest.

I may or may not be persuaded to cut up the trunks, depending upon what length you want them cut into.

I may also be persuaded to cut down some trees for you if you have some on your own property that aren't likely to hit something (I'm not going to risk crushing your house or somesuch - that's what folks with insurance are for), but maybe are bigger than you can handle with your saw (I got this beast so I can do things like cut steel or concrete - it's overkill for most trees).

Tom Sawyer

So which manly ass chainsaw did you get?

;D
Guys standing around say "Mine is bigger than yours!" In this case I got a bigger saw than Johnson...  ;D

MaineShark

Husqvarna 394XP with a 24" bar.

The seller actually offered to sell it with a 42" bar, which I suppose would have been the way to go if I wanted a substitute penis.

Could probably actually go with a shorter bar and make the thing a little more handy, but the longer chain means it stays sharp longer.

Biggest problem I'm having is finding a storage/carrying case for the thing.  Even Husqvarna doesn't seem to have one, despite the fact that they built it.

Tom Sawyer

That is a manly ass saw.  8)

I have a Stihl 046...  yours is a good bit more powerful.  :icon_pirat:

Pat K

All I got is Sawzall  but It does have a long wood cutting blade.
Probably cut right through a big branch.

KBCraig

Mere 455 Rancher here, just yer average "not a toy" saw.

When I'm finally home full time, one of the advantages is that it's not nearly the logging economy it used to be. Lots of used pro saws relatively cheap, and a lot of saw shops that know how to maintain them.

Russell Kanning

also it seems with time .... even with all the new "preppers" that most people will not bother with wood. :)
John needs a little woodstove at his big church then some work will get him free heat :)
John and I used to get free wood for a little work.