• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Nurse Patricia Smith Appeal Hearing "Manufacturing" Marijuana

Started by Free libertarian, October 04, 2011, 01:11 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

Some of you may remember from a talley tv report that a woman in her 50s, Patricia Smith was convicted last year in Grafton County Superior Court for the heinious "crime" of indoor gardening, growing Marijuana.  She has been out on bail pending appeal since her conviction last August.

I spoke to her at length last week and she sounded pretty bummed, let's not forget her...

Her appeal hearing is scheduled for Oct. 20th 2011 in Moultonboro, NH, where her lawyer will get to do a 15 minute song and dance in front of the Supreme Court.  As many of you may know an appeal isn't like a re-trial it's more of a time to review a particular legal issue that the lower court may have made an error on.  I will try to update the time and place of the appeal and believe talley tv and Weeda Claus may be on hand to record and witness the event.   The clock is ticking for 'Tricia, it is likely that her appeal will be denied and she will begin serving her 2-4 year sentence within a short time at the State Prison in Concord.

She not only faced charges from the State of NH, the Federal Goverment kept the $14,000 stolen from her the day of her arrest and extorted an additional $37,000 for a total of $51,000 ransom so she could keep her house. How nice huh?

Stay tuned will try to update as more info. becomes available.

Tom Sawyer

Thanks for keeping us updated on her situation. Was medical use evolved in her situation?

Tom Sawyer

Jim Johnson

This kind of injustice gives me an angst that manifests as anger.

Pat K

doobie

Any information on how she was caught since she was growing inside?

Silent_Bob

Free libertarian

Quote from: doobie on October 05, 2011, 07:39 AM NHFT
Any information on how she was caught since she was growing inside?

There was a "concerned citizen" that ratted her out.  She knows who the douchebag is.  While on the witness stand at her trial one of the cops had a "temporary memory loss" and couldn't recall the rat's name.   

AntonLee

can't remember if she wanted the story behind let out, or if it's already been made public except to me, Talley, and Weeda Claus. . . . but from what I recall, and while being vague. . .

she did a good thing for a neighbor.  That good thing pissed off someone else who was a scumbag.  Scumbag = rat.  Doing good for others, get tossed in jail for having plant matter.

doobie

Free libertarian

Quote from: doobie on October 06, 2011, 09:03 PM NHFT
Sounds like some rat poison is needed.

Some rats  end up choking on their own bad karma.  Simply telling the truth about who and what they are might be a good alternative to rat poison.  For instance another well known "weed rat" is currently being pursued by the very men with badges when just two years ago he was coddling their respective ball sacks and they were playing nice with him. Now I guess he is no longer a "concerned citizen" instead he's now a fugitive from justice.  Funny how for some people the worst punishment is having to be themselves.  In due time Patricia Smith's informant will have to live with his mistake...

Tom Sawyer

NH Supreme Court set to convene at local school
QuoteMOULTONBOROUGH — The New Hampshire Supreme Court will convene at Moultonborough Academy, 25 Blake Rd., on Oct. 20 at 9:30 a.m.
The high court is scheduled to hear an hour of oral arguments in two cases, including that of Patricia Smith, a Grafton County woman who was convicted of manufacturing a controlled drug. Smith, a registered nurse, was found guilty of growing marijuana.

NH Supreme Court going on road
QuoteNew Hampshire's Supreme Court is holding a special session at Moultonborough Academy.

The court's "On the Road'' session will be Thursday. More than 500 students from 11 area high schools are expected to attend the session, which includes informal questions and answers with lawyers appearing before the court and with the justices.

The court has traveled around the state since 2002 to provide high school students with an opportunity to learn about the court and to talk with the justices.

Jim Johnson

Free libertarian

Quote from: littlehawk on October 17, 2011, 11:07 AM NHFT
sonsabitches.

jury education, man.

I have a feeling that NHJury.com will be there.  How much "jury education" we are allowed" to provide "the children" remains to be seen....but we will be there to witness the travesty of justice.