• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

R.I.P.

Started by KBCraig, October 05, 2011, 08:05 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Tom Sawyer

Damn, that's a real loss.  :-\

CurtHowland

At least it was quick, whatever it was.

The world has lost a visionary. And we go on.

KBCraig

I wouldn't call 7 years of cancer "quick", but he didn't linger at the end.

CurtHowland

Forgive me for not being more clear.

My father lingered, for many months at the end of a dozen years of debilitation, it was very very hard to see.

Alex Libman

They always go in threes...

Michael S. Hart, Steve Jobs, and now...  Dennis Ritchie...

Damn, looks like RMS is sticking around for a while.   >:D

Alex Libman

Yesterday we've lost another revolutionary genius of 20th century communications, one whose impact is difficult to overstate: radio's "poet laureate" -- a journalist, author, playwright, and screenwriter -- the legendary Norman Corwin.   He was 101.

Lloyd Danforth

I was a fan of his brother, Irwin.

Alex Libman

People on this forum can't get 'nuttin right...

Steve Irwin and Jeff Corwin are two similar but distinct individuals, neither of whom is related to Norman Corwin.

Tom Sawyer

Lloyd Danforth

KBCraig

Lloyd should know; he's the world's foremost authority.

Tom Sawyer

QuoteMarriage is like a bank account. You put it in, you take it out, you lose interest.
Professor Irwin Corey

Lloyd Danforth

He's still living, about 96, he panhandles in Manhattan everyday and sends the money to Cuba for children's healthcare.

Alex Libman

Wow, another major IT death to report...

John McCarthy, a severely under-appreciated early Computer Science pioneer, passed away on October 24th at age 84.

He was the one who coined of the term "Artificial Intelligence" at the 1956 Dartmouth Conference, and he was the inventor of the very first programming language - the also-much-under-appreciated brilliant LISP.

And, last but definitely not least, John McCarthy was an early pioneer of something else that is very close to my heart - relentless "right-wing" forum "trolling"Farewall, my lispy prince!  You were an example for us all!   :'( :) :'( :P :'(