• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Florida LP Chairman refuses Driver's License requirements.

Started by Tom Sawyer, October 07, 2011, 10:10 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Pinellas Libertarian won't get a driver's license and he won't stop driving

Damn cool I say, a political player that decides to make a stand using CD.  8)

Tried to comment on the article, however you need to do it via Fedbook. Oh the irony... Anyway shouting out into the wilderness via the underground is my only outlet (thanks to my fellow travelers I feel a little less alone).

QuoteWhen the state issued driver's license was first implemented it was repeatedly struck down as unconstitutional. The roads were created with public funds as "post roads" and thus they were open to use by the public as a right.

Try boarding a bus, train, or airplane without your papers. Even walking down the road often leads to being detained by the authorities.

The original purpose was claimed to show proficiency at operating a automobile, if that is the case why do you have to keep jumping through hoops to "prove" you can drive? It's not like you suddenly forget how to drive.

Much as with the income tax, the drivers license was promised to never become an internal passport or national ID. Of course it has become "citizen where are your papers?" To punish people they often will "revoke", take away, your driver's license, often for things that had nothing to do with driving.

Welcome to the machine, we are owned and controlled in most aspects of our lives. How much money do you have, where have you been, who do you associate with? All is now at the fingertips of the bureaucrats and control freaks.

If the chains are not binding you it is because you have never known anything approaching true freedom.

Jim Johnson

"I've read all of your rules and I have magic words."

Will it go round in circles?
Will it fly high just like a bird up in the sky?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on October 07, 2011, 03:59 PM NHFT
"I've read all of your rules and I have magic words."

Will it go round in circles?
Will it fly high just like a bird up in the sky?

Yeah you're right about the magic words... maybe others will go along and realize that even if you figure the system out they just can do what is expedient for the gooberment.

From the article...
Quote"He's spitting into the wind," said Stetson Law professor, Charles Rose.
Rose believes Wyllie has little chance of overturning a law put in place after 9-11 to prevent terrorists from getting legal I.D.'s

I had a friend that while going to "law school" told me that expedience for the gooberment meant they were allowed to make just about any law they wanted. He also didn't appreciate what the benefit or reason for habeas corpus was.

+1 for quoting Billy Preston, by the way.  :D

KBCraig

I thought I posted this already, but maybe not.

Sort of related.... Jim Crow laws couldn't keep this 96 year old black woman from voting in the South in the 1940s, but RealID has stopped her from voting in 2011.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/oct/05/marriage-certificate-required-bureaucrat-tells/

Russell Kanning

In Kansas a sheriff told me that without a license .... I might not have insurance .... so he was justified in lacking me up. But the next day I was free again to drive on the roads. I think if I would have told him to "man up", the good ol boy would have used a "non-lethal" weapon of "reeducation".

Don't tase me bro I love big brother.