• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Lancaster: The Rialto movie theater is coming back

Started by KBCraig, October 18, 2011, 02:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

The Rialto in Lancaster and the Princess in Berlin were sister cinemas, but both closed over the summer. Two local investors are going to make a go of the Rialto by converting over to discount second-run movies.

http://www.unionleader.com/article/20111018/NEWS02/710189983

Jim Johnson

Lloyd Danforth

Jim Johnson

Hey... 'Lloyd' jokes are meant for the express purpose of taunting Lloyd.  Any misuse of the 'Lloyd' jokes on this forum will be severely scrutinized by a Global Moderator... probably Lloyd, and will be dealt with in a peculiarly perverse and twisted manner. 
I'm just say'n is all... look out... older than me person.

WithoutAPaddle

George Bernard Shaw telegrams this invitation to Winston Churchill to opening night of Pygmalion):

Am reserving two tickets for you for my premiere. Come and bring a friend - if you have one.

Churchill wires back:

Impossible to be present for the first performance. Will attend the second - if there is one

I personally preferred the retort in National Lampoon's: Encyclopedia of Humor

Lloyd Danforth

I read that in Playboy back when Jim was too young to read it. It was in an article about the days when telegraphs were a common form of communication.

Jim Johnson

Lloyd Danforth

You never noticed all that crap you have to thumb through to get to yet another naked chick?

Jim Johnson

AntonLee

I'll be visiting there to take photos of the (re) openings.  I like when people step up and save old-timey locations.  Ala Common Man franchise.

The diner was falling apart, a craphole.  They took it away when I was a child.   I moved to Tilton and now the Tilt'n Diner is sitting 1/8 of a mile from my house, full of vigor and lively all the time. 

Pat K

KBCraig

Quote from: Pat K on October 19, 2011, 12:02 AM NHFT
I love the Tilt'n diner.

You should try sitting on the other side. It might tilt the other way.

Pat K