• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Recruiting idea

Started by MattLeft, December 01, 2005, 07:58 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JonM

The FSP is half of a puzzle, you can decry the fact it is not the whole puzzle, but the best thing you can do to address this is create an in-NH group that does what you think the FSP should be doing in New Hampshire.

Do you want to be directed by the FSP as to which activism is important or not important?  Maybe it would be easier to recruit people if the FSP presented itself as a New Hampshire political party and told its activists what to do, where to do it, and how to do it.  But I have been under the impression we wanted recruits a bit more independent in spirit than that.

president

The freedom movement in NH doesn't need the FSP, but the FSP needs the freedom movement in NH.

The people of NH don't need the support of FSP, but the FSP needs the support of the people of NH.

The FSP need to realize who their daddy is, quickly.

Dreepa

Quote from: JonM on December 02, 2005, 12:11 PM NHFT
we wanted recruits a bit more independent in spirit than that.

Then why does Russell et al get shit for being independent?

'to promote liberty in NH' is the goal... therefore some people in NH should be allowed to join.  I mean it is all a numbers game.
I course we could/should be getting the LPers and the like from VT, ME, MA, RI, and CT to join in droves.... but they don't.

I can't wait for when the PR firm gets going.  Any news on that front?   :-\

Kat Kanning

When do they deign to tell their "customers" what they're doing with the money we gave them?

JonM

Quote from: Dreepa on December 02, 2005, 01:05 PM NHFT
Quote from: JonM on December 02, 2005, 12:11 PM NHFT
we wanted recruits a bit more independent in spirit than that.

Then why does Russell et al get shit for being independent?
What individual participants in the FSP think of what others do in the FSP's name and what the FSP thinks are two different things.  The FSP has no say over what people do in NH when not invoking the FSP's name.  For those who wish to invoke the FSP's name it is helpful if they get the permission of the FSP leadership in whatever area they might be involved in, but in 90+% of all cases the only reason to invoke the FSP's name is for recruitment.  In-state activism should really be done in the name of an in-state group, so that it can gather natives to join with the immigrants.

Many people want the FSP to be something other than what it is.  I'd like to see the FSP be something different than what it is (probably not as different as some people want), but unless it changes we have what we have.  The FSP's sole mission is to recruit 20,000 activists to move to New Hampshire.  It has no mission on how those activists are supposed to work once they move, that was left open to groups in New Hampshire, such as this one right here.  Recruiting in-state residents is not within its mission, but inasmuch as its good to know who your avowed allies are, they do let people sign up as Pioneers.

If we had 20,000 recruits we could move on from this toward talking about dissolving the Free State Project and forming some sort of Free State Party, but we've got 13,000+ recruits yet to be signed before we can do that.

president

Quote from: JonM on December 02, 2005, 01:25 PM NHFT
The FSP's sole mission is to recruit 20,000 activists to move to New Hampshire. ...  Recruiting in-state residents is not within its mission...
If that was true, the FSP would have dropped NH participant after the state vote. The FSP only wants to move 19,745 activists to NH, as 255 of them where in NH when it was picked.

Dreepa

Jon.... i have no problem with the FSP standing for nothing ?as long as it recruited.
One way to recruit is to talk about the things in NH.

I would not join the FSP Party.
The FSP should fold ?5 years after they get 20K.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Dreepa on December 02, 2005, 01:38 PM NHFT
The FSP should fold  5 years after they get 20K.

Like origami?  An origami porcupine?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: JonM on December 02, 2005, 01:25 PM NHFTFor those who wish to invoke the FSP's name it is helpful if they get the permission of the FSP leadership in whatever area they might be involved in, but in 90+% of all cases the only reason to invoke the FSP's name is for recruitment.
I think I will call myself fsp leadership ..... kindof like our president. ;)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: president on December 02, 2005, 01:35 PM NHFT
If that was true, the FSP would have dropped NH participant after the state vote. The FSP only wants to move 19,745 activists to NH, as 255 of them where in NH when it was picked.
That makes sense to me too. Either we call anyone in NH that likes what we are doing "members" or we should only count those of us that move. I like the former. I think Mike Fisher and fisher are correct. :)

JonM

Quote from: president on December 02, 2005, 01:35 PM NHFT
Quote from: JonM on December 02, 2005, 01:25 PM NHFT
The FSP's sole mission is to recruit 20,000 activists to move to New Hampshire. ...? Recruiting in-state residents is not within its mission...

The goal is to find 20,000 people willing to move to another state to become political activists. ?By signing up among the first 5,000 and agreeing to move to at least one state other than New Hampshire should it have been chosen, those 255 demonstrated a commitment that suggests they will be as much of an activist as any of the other 19,745. ?But you've been paying way too much attention not to know that already. ?And should the FSP hit 19,745 recruits, I don't doubt that it will exceed 20,000 recruits from outside of New Hampshire anyway.

Michael Fisher

Good place for this thread.

sigh

Pat K

Quote from: katdillon on December 02, 2005, 01:11 PM NHFT
When do they deign to tell their "customers" what they're doing with the money we gave them?

Yeah that might be nice, not that I have given alot of money but here and there I have forked over some  bucks, I was going to send another check before all the crap started . Now I am waiting to see what happens.

MattLeft

What about all the NH residents that will be introduced and awoken to libertarian/freedom ideas solely because of the existence of the FSP/NHUnderground?  Absent these organizations ever being formed, a lot of New Hampsherianites that are going to become liberty activists (example: current HS & College students) might never be awakened.  We should consider recruiting these people and taking credit for them by adding them to our numbers. 

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on December 02, 2005, 04:36 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on December 02, 2005, 01:11 PM NHFT
Yeah that might be nice, not that I have given alot of money but here and there I have forked over some bucks, I was going to send another check before all the crap started . Now I am waiting to see what happens.
So Who is Behind Planting Stories in Iraqi Press?
http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=3440
The fsp needs pr firms like the government hires

I recommend you spend your money on the Porcupine Raffle to benefit the LSFund. :)