• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

as govenor

Started by John, February 09, 2012, 10:00 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

As governor, I'd be the "radical" governor.
I'd actually uphold and defend the constitutions.

Job #1 : Protect N.H. and inhabitants from the fedgov = If the fedgov constitution does not authorize some fedgov activity, or if said activity is repugnant to the N.H. Constitution or the laws of N.H., I would "request"/order the fedgov to immediately end that illegal activity in NH...

Job # 2 : Protect you from the state... with likely particular attention to right of conscience... + likely revamp focus of Grand Jurors inquiries... :)

Just say'n.

Pat K

Kat Kanning

Are you running for governor?

John

Right now, I'm just kind of walking. :)
I'm walking slowly, and looking around at the beginning of this path, and thinking.
I'm thinking I qualify. I'm thinking I have ideas which other candidates are unlikely to address.
I think we can and should take a radical approach towards returning to dignity for each individual.

I'm looking around at the beginning of this path and thinking, "Maybe I can help."

Free libertarian

Careful John, I heard Misty the Cat is considering a run, the Meowist party has quite a war chest too.   :P

Jim Johnson

I wouldn't do harm to my friend by voting him into office.

John

Thanks guys.  8)

Also: We'd look to start moving immediately to release nonviolent people from prisons so they can get back to their loved ones and, likely, their productive lives. Prisoners convicted on charges where there was no victim (political "crimes") would be pardoned. Where there was a victim, we would seek and agreement for full restitution (or less if the victim(s) choose(s)) and an agreement to not repeat, as a condition of release.

Russell Kanning

I like the idea. You could walk all over the state and meet people and give people the option.
You could follow the Ron Paul path of everyone knowing that you will run again the next year too ... so they can just keep supporting you. You could also actually answer reporters questions.
You can promise not to veto bills that pull back government power. You could promise to stay at the Peaceful Assembly church and rent out the governors mansion and offices. :)

John

Without knowing enough about what is available, reasonable, and customary in NH, I guaranty that we would look towards moderate-to-inexpensive, creative, and cooperative housing options.
As one example:  If a multiple bedroom house was available for use; space would likely be shared with advisers, liaisons, and other volunteers (on an ad hoc basis) who do not live within a extremely comfortable commute. This could help reduce commuting time and expense, and other important energy, for valuable unpaid volunteers.
One room would almost certainly be used as an office for independent media.

Lloyd Danforth

I'd like to lobby for a law that forbids the use of any drone in the skies above NH.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 13, 2012, 09:34 AM NHFT
I'd like to lobby for a law that forbids the use of any drone in the skies above NH.

The intelligence division of the FSP has a drone.  Are they going to be be denied or Lawfully Allowed?

Pat K

Hey don't talk about Seth like that!

Jim Johnson

Seth has nothing to do with Intelligence.

Russell Kanning

I demand that the state of NH have a anti-drone laser affixed to the golden dome.