• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Eye of Newt and other evils

Started by Tom Sawyer, January 09, 2012, 06:45 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Man I can't get over how venomous the "drug warriors haters" can be.

I have a hard time forgiving and forgetting the evil forces unleashed during the Nixon, Reagan, Bush I and Bush II eras. Sure the democrats went along and even tried to out evil the republicans, however the ugliness and destruction that has been perpetrated in the name of the "drug war" and more recently the "war on illegal workers" has all but destroyed the Grand Old Party. American has become a hateful fascist environment, all one has to do is read the comments on "mainstream press" news sites to see the "unAmerican" ugliness that has been unleashed. Perhaps Ron Paul and his supports can revive the traditional positions, but I doubt it.

To start out my rant/attempt to empty the bile that takes a toxic toll on my soul... I present one of the "approved" candidates and his brown shirt BS.

I give you Newt "Let's Kill Pot Smugglers" Gingrich... who by the way considers himself a historian.  LOL

Newt Gingrich To New Hampshire: Jefferson, Washington Would Have Cracked Down On Pot
Quote"I think Jefferson or George Washington would have rather strongly discouraged you from growing marijuana and their techniques with dealing with it would have been rather more violent than our current government," Gingrich replied.

Newt Gingrich's Foolish Response on Marijuana

Jim Johnson

I'm sure Jefferson and Washington would have been in favor of taxing pot, while Gingrich would have been a Tory.

Tom Sawyer

Mr. Historian seems to be unaware of the laws that required hemp to be grown.

Some pertinent dates in Hemp History.
America's first hemp law is enacted at Jamestown Colony, Virginia, ordering all farmers to grow hemp.

'Must grow' hemp laws are enacted throughout Massachusetts.

1631 to early 1800's
Hemp is 'legal tender' and taxes may be paid with hemp throughout most of the Americas.

1632 to mid `1700's
'Must grow' hemp laws enacted in Connecticut and the Chesapeake Colonies.

Gainesborough paints on hemp canvas.

1740 - 1940
Russia is the world's largest and 'best quality' producer of hemp, supplying 80% of Western hemp rope.

1750's
Benjamin Franklin starts one of America's first hemp-rag paper mills.

1763 - 1767
Farmers who do not grow hemp can be arrested and jailed in Virginia.

The patriotic populace organizes spinning bees to turn hemp fiber into clothing for General Washington's Continental Army.

First and second drafts of the Declaration of Independence are written on hemp paper.

The Stars and Stripes is endorsed as the Capitol Flag of the U.S.A. and made of hemp fabric.

1790's
George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grow hemp on their plantations.

KBCraig

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 10, 2012, 10:25 AM NHFT

Maybe he studied history where Obama studied the Constitution.

Tom Sawyer

We laughed so hard we could hardly catch our breath.   ;D

lildog

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on January 10, 2012, 10:25 AM NHFT

Some pertinent dates in Hemp History.
America's first hemp law is enacted at Jamestown Colony, Virginia, ordering all farmers to grow hemp.

'Must grow' hemp laws are enacted throughout Massachusetts.

1631 to early 1800's
Hemp is 'legal tender' and taxes may be paid with hemp throughout most of the Americas.

1632 to mid `1700's
'Must grow' hemp laws enacted in Connecticut and the Chesapeake Colonies.

Gainesborough paints on hemp canvas.

1740 - 1940
Russia is the world's largest and 'best quality' producer of hemp, supplying 80% of Western hemp rope.

1750's
Benjamin Franklin starts one of America's first hemp-rag paper mills.

1763 - 1767
Farmers who do not grow hemp can be arrested and jailed in Virginia.

The patriotic populace organizes spinning bees to turn hemp fiber into clothing for General Washington's Continental Army.

First and second drafts of the Declaration of Independence are written on hemp paper.

The Stars and Stripes is endorsed as the Capitol Flag of the U.S.A. and made of hemp fabric.

1790's
George Washington and Thomas Jefferson grow hemp on their plantations.

BINGO!!!!

It wasn't until years later when racists used drug laws against blacks and Mexicans that marijuana was outlawed.  Reading up on the real history regarding drug laws is a real eye opener and I personally can't understand how anyone who reads them would support the current war on drugs unless they themselves were racists.

Tom Sawyer

I thought this was likely... Fox News is starting the blame Ron Paul spin.

Paul campaign has new tactic to win delegates, hijack GOP convention

QuoteDespite Ron Paul having essentially no shot at winning the GOP presidential nomination, his renegade campaign has embarked on a new tactic that his supporters hope can get the Texas congressmen elected – or at least get him a larger role at the party convention and cause headaches for likely nominee Mitt Romney.

Lloyd Danforth

Yeah, they had to stop ignoring him ;D

Russell Kanning

so the media has decided who is going to win and Ron Paul is a hijacker?
there is a diebold office a mile from me right now .... should I stop by and see who they have decided will win in Utah?
I guess the good news for you Tom Sawyer is that Newt has not been chosen.

Tom Sawyer

Ron Paul supporters boo Romney's son off stage

QuoteSome attendees said they heard Paul supporters chanting outside that Mitt Romney is "the white Obama."
;D ;D ;D

Quote"Maybe it's going to take getting behind somebody we weren't so excited about. ... What I want is to save this country, and we've gotta do it together. None of us gets everything we want," Morrissey said, adding, "Keep your eye on the prize: defeating Barack Obama."
;D ;D ;D
Yes, just hold your nose and vote!

MaineShark

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 13, 2012, 08:03 AM NHFT
Quote"Maybe it's going to take getting behind somebody we weren't so excited about. ... What I want is to save this country, and we've gotta do it together. None of us gets everything we want," Morrissey said, adding, "Keep your eye on the prize: defeating Barack Obama."
;D ;D ;D

I agree.  Since Paul is the only one who can reliably defeat Obama, they should just hold their nose and vote for him, even if they'd prefer Romney.

That's what he meant, right...?

Jim Johnson

Quote from: MaineShark on May 13, 2012, 02:12 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on May 13, 2012, 08:03 AM NHFT
;D ;D ;D

I agree.  Since Paul is the only one who can reliably defeat Obama, they should just hold their nose and vote for him, even if they'd prefer Romney.

That's what he meant, right...?

It's not what Morrissey meant, but that is what he said.

Russell Kanning

I heard that Romney preached at Falwell's church today. I guess they are holding the RNC there this year.

Lloyd Danforth

I thought that they were holding it at Tim's house.

Russell Kanning

maybe security will be less tight