• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Bureaucratic idiocy

Started by KBCraig, January 18, 2012, 11:16 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

So, due to recent circumstances, I now have one of my sons in public school. He'd been there two days and scored 100% on a history test, so they recommended him for a dual credit course (he takes his high school course, and gets college credit).

To enroll at the college he had to take a placement test. To take the test, he had to have a photo ID. Well... since he started the high school semester late, he didn't have an ID from the school. He's not driving yet, so no "official" government ID. We had his passport, but it expired and they wouldn't accept it. We had his birth certificate, but that's not a photo ID.

They wouldn't accept his passport, birth certificate, and my word, so we had to wait until the next day and get a school ID.

...which was issued based on nothing more than the birth certificate and my word.

But he can sure take the test using an ID that is less certain than an expired passport. Hoorah! Ain't gummint wunnerful?

Oh, more good news: effective 1/1/2012, no one aged 15-29 may enroll in any school in Texas. Not high school nor college, private or public, unless they've had a vaccination for bacterial meningitis within five years. Not even dual-credit high school students who never set foot on the campus.  ::)

Aside from my general aversion to vaccinations, the cost is $210 for one shot. After some frantic research, I found out the Hib vaccine counts, and he had a booster in 2010.

:soapbox:   :BangHead:

Pat K