• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Marijuana related bills 2012

Started by Free libertarian, January 27, 2012, 03:46 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

While I'm aware the thought of going to Concord to ask Massa for a few bread crumbs is not very appealing to many here...I figured I'd mention the date and times of upcoming hearings.  Me? I bake my own bread  ;), but I'll probably be going to Concord to rattle my chains and hope to keep people posted on what is happening.

Two bills will have public hearings on THURSDAY 2/2/12  in the legislative office building room 204 - this is right behind the CAPITOL BUILDING

1:00 PM  HB-1526  Decrim possession of the evil weed under one ounce

1:30 PM HB-1527   remove cultivating the evil weed from "manufacturing" under the controlled drug act. 
I don't know about any of you but I don't manufacture tomatoes, I "cultivate" them.  How do you "manufacture" a plant anyhow?

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 27, 2012, 03:46 PM NHFT

1:30 PM HB-1527   remove cultivating the evil weed from "manufacturing" under the controlled drug act. 
I don't know about any of you but I don't manufacture tomatoes, I "cultivate" them.  How do you "manufacture" a plant anyhow?

Most excellent... glad to see someone is addressing the more egregious/draconian end of the laws.

Free libertarian

Not that anybody here should be surprised but I believe none of the legislators have ever read the law and at least one of them asked, "what's cannabis" ?  I will try to expound more on this at a later date.  It is painful to go thru the process called the "system" and see the ignorance.  I will need time to recover my composure before I can elaborate further lest I disparage other human beings for their failings.

Lloyd Danforth

I hear that you might be getting a bunch of new customers from Enfield

Free libertarian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 04, 2012, 11:38 AM NHFT
I hear that you might be getting a bunch of new customers from Enfield

If you mean people that will be railroaded into the system by a law that is
1) immoral
2) never been published according to statute
3) draconian

...you are correct.

if you mean jurors that need to be educated, yes again.

Lloyd Danforth

I mean educated. 4 houses busted for growing, more arrests coming is what I heard.

Free libertarian

I read the article.

...Meanwhile the state holds a hearing describing how they need to violate rights just a little bit to conduct "sobriety check points" , while breaking sales records for state sales of alcohol ....$534 million thru their monopoly last year.
Maybe they should go after the "kingpin" alcohol dealers, you know the guys that erm "sell the stuff" ??

For those lurkers following along, I do not endorse impaired driving.

Russell Kanning

maybe they ring you up at the liquor store and then down the street for having a container