• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Joey Dauben accused of child sexual assault

Started by Kat Kanning, February 19, 2012, 04:19 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Wow, he asked for an attorney and they gave him one two months later?

Kat Kanning

BTW, this is who we're talking about:

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=193

I know he's pissed off a lot of people, but I don't actually think he did this.

Russell Kanning

I wonder if he also makes blind stabs into police departments and he hits a scoundrel each time, because the place if mostly full of them.

Kat Kanning

I went by the jail this afternoon, and they told me that Joey had been released this afternoon.

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on March 12, 2012, 08:24 PM NHFT
I went by the jail this afternoon, and they told me that Joey had been released this afternoon.

I hope he finds an online voice to tell his story. It seems he burned a lot of bridges among his own associates there when it comes to his own web domains.

Russell Kanning

I think he is still eligible for the republican primary now.

Kat Kanning

In his letter, he said his lawyer told him not to talk about it.

Kat Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Former publisher in Ellis County sentenced to prison for sex assault of teen at church retreat

QuoteA former newspaper publisher in Ellis County was sentenced to prison for sexually assaulting a teenage boy during a church retreat.

Joey Dauben, 31, was convicted of three counts of sexual assault of a child and one count of indecency with a child, according to the Corsicana Daily Sun.

He was sentenced Monday to three 10-year sentences and 10 years' probation for the indecency conviction. A judge will decide later whether those sentences will be served consecutively or not.

The charges stem from a 2007 incident with a 14-year-old boy attending a church retreat at Navarro Mills Lake. The Daily Sun detailed the victim's allegations last week.

Dauben operated local newspapers, websites and blogs in North Texas under the Freedom of the Press Group LLC banner. One of his websites accused the teen of making false accusations before this.

He also credited his publications for shutting down a halfway house for recovering addicts after bringing to light allegations of sex abuse there.

"He complained about Ellis County being soft on sex offenders," Navarro County District Attorney R. Lowell Thompson told the Daily Sun. "He found out that in Navarro County, we aren't."

In November, Dauben was sentenced to five years' probation after publishing the full name, birth date and workplace of a Red Oak man whose ex-wife had accused him of molesting their children.

The woman was later charged with filing a false report, and Dauben retracted the report — but prosecutors argued the damage had already been done.

Tom Sawyer

Former LP activist Joey Dauben sentenced for sex crimes

QuoteWhile some may find the sentence, the maximum the judge could have ordered, as extreme considering that the victim, now a 20-year-old adult, testified in court that "he participated willingly in the sex acts" at the time, the District Attorney's office was intent on" sending a message."

Russell Kanning