• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

A week to remember

Started by KBCraig, February 20, 2012, 11:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Update: Daniel had a hard day today, after a great day the day before. We expect that, so we'll deal with it.

Victory: I gave up on the city showing up to flag the lines, and I decided that pulling a toilet was easier than digging random holes. A couple of hours with a rented Binford SuperRooter 9000, and we have free flowing drains once again. It was $81 well spent. Especially since I got home from work at midnight and had a serious need for a working toilet.

Gloating: I know I've griped and whined in this thread, but the truth is that our lives have been very blessed. If everything had gone according to plan, we would have been in NH a couple of years ago. If we'd been in NH, we wouldn't have been here when my sons really, really needed us to be here.

I have to brag that I married the world's greatest wife and mother. She calls me unflappable in a crisis, and I suppose that's true during the actual crisis, but I couldn't possibly have made it through everything we've been through in the last 18 months if not for her.

Our kids are wonderful. We're blessed. Not much more to be said, other than that.

Kat Kanning

Did he have any vaccinations near the time this all happened?

Russell Kanning

if it makes you feel any better we have fixed every drain and faucet in this house over the last year or so

we have snaked 2 pipes this week also
always a good time

KBCraig

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 24, 2012, 07:12 AM NHFT

Tetanus booster about a month before.

Russell Kanning

KBCraig

Greatly improving. He can walk around the house without using the walker, but he still uses it some for balance. We're going to try a big outing on Friday, going to a local festival, to see how his endurance has improved.

He's catching up on his school work. This week was Spring break, but not for him!

KBCraig

Quote from: KBCraig on February 26, 2012, 08:54 PM NHFT
Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 24, 2012, 07:12 AM NHFT

Tetanus booster about a month before.

It's, funny, the only one of Mary's clients who even know what GBS is, is a doctor who asked exactly the same question. He's a cardiologist, so he doesn't deal with it in his practice, but when he was in med school they had just found the link between swine flu vaccine and GBS.

Here's a long but excellent paper:

http://www.gbs-cidp.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/OverviewENG.pdf

In the "causes" section, on page 10:

... Other cases appear to occur during pregnancy or
follow seemingly unrelated events such as surgery, insect bites and various
injections including spinal anesthesia and vaccinations. One of the most
striking clusters of GBS cases occurred in the fall of 1976 in people
immunized with the swine flu vaccine. The incidence of GBS is normally 1-
2 new patients per 100,000 population each year. Some estimates suggested
the incidence of GBS increased 7-fold in the vaccinated population. Other
outbreaks or clusters of GBS have been reported, including  . . . an
outbreak in Finland after a nationwide oral poliovirus vaccination campaign,