• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

war is the new social activity

Started by Jim Johnson, February 21, 2012, 10:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17107673

I played a lot of 'Combat' and 'Cowboy vs Indian' when I was young; that's where I learned that you and your friends will die in combat.

Pat K

We were really into Swat.
Matell even came out with toy look alike m-16.

S.W.A.T. - Original Intro ( 1975 - 1976 )

Tom Sawyer

When we got our first color TV set, to tweak my mom my dad got us kids excited and us saying "Now we get to see the blood in Combat in color!"

Boys of course gravitate to the "power symbols" of weapons... sharpened sticks, M-16s or fighter aircraft, killing is just a game until the reality of it is realized.

Pat K

That guy must be keeping an eye out for somebody.

Russell Kanning

maybe we can sit up on a hill and eat a picnic while we watch the lower classes run each other through with bayonettes

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 21, 2012, 06:20 PM NHFT
maybe we can sit up on a hill and eat a picnic while we watch the lower classes run each other through with bayonettes
I simply couldn't go out if it's raining.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 21, 2012, 10:38 PM NHFT
Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 21, 2012, 06:20 PM NHFT
I simply couldn't go out if it's raining.

Of course you could have the servants hold umbrellas for your party...

Russell Kanning

when did they do this .... was it the beginning of the civil war?

Jim Johnson

There is a Revolutionary War painting of the Battle of Bunker Hill where people are 'enjoying a nice day out'.

It was very dangerous to watch a Civil War Battle, but the TV didn't work yet, and it was better than watching the paint dry, and the horses would still be in heat when we got home... kind of like 'Jersey Shore' but with better looking animals.

John

war. every day.
there has not been a single day in my life when wars were not happening.
fun stuff.

Russell Kanning

dalebert

KBCraig

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 25, 2014, 09:16 PM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on February 25, 2014, 09:04 AM NHFT
http://imgur.com/gallery/mC4PO

I feel like crying.

That's just because you haven't been properly trained (desensitized) to become a "...highly motivated, truly dedicated, little green amphibious monster!"

Of course these young men will be haunted by what they've seen and done. Everyone calling them heroes, while on the inside they are ashamed and confused by their experiences, with no one to talk to that can relate to them. So they'll drink and drug the pain away. It's a Marine Corps tradition!