• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

war is the new social activity

Started by Jim Johnson, February 21, 2012, 10:47 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

KBCraig

Tom Sawyer

It is weird how remote killing on the one hand detaches the person from the killing while, at the same time, making it much more intimate than dropping bombs used to be.

I read an article that talked about all the PTSD the civilian populations in Pakistan suffer, never knowing when and where the drones will strike.

Free libertarian

They created alot of subliminal stress for us as children 50 years ago during the cold war with the Russians.   We never knew if or when we could get fried by an atomic blast.   Looks like they're bringing that one back for an upgrade now.   

Sam A. Robrin

"I no longer prefer blue skies," said 13-year-old Zubair, whose leg was injured with shrapnel from the attack.  "In fact, I now prefer gray skies.  The drones do not fly when the skies are gray."
http://inthesetimes.com/article/15802/congress_finally_hears_from_drone_strikes_innocent_victims

GRAY SKIES  ("Blue Skies"—Irving Berlin)
COPYRIGHT MR 2015 by Sam A. Robrin.  Creative Commons, blah, blah, woof, woof.   Go ahead and use it (hey, I lifted the melody), but if you make a little money on it, I want some!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INPm4Jf5t_g

Skies were gray, and I'd be dreading the rains,
Till we started hearing the sounds of planes.
Pilots fly only when the skies are clear;
Now blue skies make me feel blue from the fear.

Gray skies
Make me secure.
I prefer gray skies
Since the war.

Graveyards
Call to be filled:
"Come to the graveyards
When you're killed."

No one's safe when drones fly overhead
   No one knows who might end up dead
   You can't see your marks, high in the air:
   Grandmothers, kids—What do you care?

Great days—
Clouds dim the eye.
When we have gray days
Drones don't fly.

Free libertarian

^^^^   Hey, look it's the first Robrin sighting of the spring.   ;D

Tom Sawyer

Russell Kanning

I wonder if you also don't have that "I am just protecting my comrades, so we can all get home alive" when you are not in the trenches but are controlling a drone.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 27, 2015, 06:05 PM NHFT
I wonder if you also don't have that "I am just protecting my comrades, so we can all get home alive" when you are not in the trenches but are controlling a drone.

I'm certain that they do.

dalebert

Mark D. Jacobsen

We played Rambo in the woods with rocks and dirt-clods and bbguns.
I wish I would have known the real reason why that was.
Allah Bless America!
hahaha

Russell Kanning

dalebert

dalebert

Jim Johnson