• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I was going to write a boring story about this weekend but in the middle of it

Started by Raineyrocks, February 21, 2012, 03:14 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

I decided to change my mind because all of the sudden it hit me that something has totally changed with this forum.

Hardly anyone is on, it used to be full of people............what happened?    I know the last time I was on here a few months ago it seemed to be getting a little less activity but now there's hardly any activity.  What happened?  Did I miss something? 

I can actually write stuff and answer myself but that might really do the forum in.  :P

P.S.  How's Gloria?  Has anyone spoken with her?  I hope she's okay.

Lloyd Danforth

I was going to send a card, but as I live 20 miles fgrom the nearest card rack, I didn't get to it and forgot:(

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Raineyrocks on February 21, 2012, 03:14 PM NHFT

I can actually write stuff and answer myself but that might really do the forum in.  :P

That would be ok... that's what sgtusmc does.

Free libertarian

I decided to change my mind because all of the sudden it hit me that something has totally changed with this forum.

Hardly anyone is on, it used to be full of people............what happened?    I know the last time I was on here a few months ago it seemed to be getting a little less activity but now there's hardly any activity.  What happened?  Did I miss something? 

The mothership came and many returned to their original planets, the remaining are just semi-retired activists and government types lurking.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 22, 2012, 12:01 PM NHFT

The mothership came and many returned to their original planets, the remaining are just semi-retired activists and government types lurking.
mothership i.e. facebook

Lloyd Danforth

It's cause Jim Johnson has a miserable 1.697 average posts per day. The Mark Twain character's average is not much better. :P

John

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 22, 2012, 05:43 PM NHFT
It's cause Jim Johnson has a miserable 1.697 average posts per day. The Mark Twain character's average is not much better. :P

What's it mean? 

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 21, 2012, 05:51 PM NHFT
I was going to send a card, but as I live 20 miles fgrom the nearest card rack, I didn't get to it and forgot:(

I was lucky kind of and had a sympathy card still on my desk because I procrastinated about sending it to my old neighbor that lost her husband last year. :(   

Yup, our old neighbors from Maryland that were like family but I ended up sending her other stuff and talked to her on the phone a lot.

So anyways, a couple months went by and I thought, "If I send this to her now will it just make her even sadder because I'm pretty sure everyone else already sent sympathy cards to her".  I feel so awkward when anyone dies, I always feel like I'm gonna say or do the wrong thing and make them sadder. 

I still have vhs tapes, like 10 yrs. of them with all of us at birthday parties and stuff and I promised her and my friend, (her daughter), that I would take them to a place and have them cut out all the parts that Jack, (her husband), was in and send her the tapes. 

I haven't done it yet though because I can't bring myself to watch them because I know I'm going to spend weeks crying after watching them and making copies of the originals.  I don't know what to do.  Do I suck it up and cry so they can get the tapes?  I think so, but it's a hard thing to do because I've just started to come out of the depression from him dying.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 22, 2012, 12:01 PM NHFT

Ah, ha, that's what I thought, bummer.  :o

Raineyrocks

I don't understand, sorry.  What do you mean?  :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 22, 2012, 07:28 PM NHFT

What's it mean?

Hey, I asked the same thing !  Yay, I'm not alone for a change.  :D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 21, 2012, 10:03 PM NHFT

That would be ok... that's what sgtusmc does.

Yeah, I know but I like interaction and I've answered a couple of his posts.