• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Once a cop... Brad Jardis

Started by Tom Sawyer, March 04, 2012, 08:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

highline

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 14, 2012, 11:10 AM NHFT
So far I'm just getting...
The end justifies the means. Evoking a Seth line "...system is like making sausage...  it isn't very pretty."  ;D

It's also a little circular...
You yourself seemed to believe it was not a real threat to Burke's safety.

This isn't our first rodeo Brad... we have dealt with the violence spewers, without reporting. A good old fashion public denouncement works pretty well.

Did your client approve of this tactic before or after you committed it?

Jason had nothing to do with this.  All distaste for it entirely should be assigned to me.

I suppose out of respect for your questions about this whole ordeal I should just state unequivocally that I absolutely support using the state to protect life and property.  I especially support the use of state services to protect life and property when it is my publicizing an issue that is responsible for someone getting upset and appearing to support violence.

If you, or anyone else, chooses to ostracize me because I am walking a delicate tightrope when trying to help a person I respect from ending up imprisoned for 6 months for corrupt charges, I am willing to accept that ostracization and speak with you respectfully about it.

You, or anyone, are always welcome to call me to tell me how you feel and why.

Russell Kanning

the guy was posting anonymously on youtube ... he is not even a troll like the guys on freekeene. Do you feel that you need to report on even that? You could keep yourself pretty busy. Every week someone posts on that great Political Grafitti video that Dave Ridley should be beaten with his own gun or that I should be kicked in the nuts with a jackboot for even questioning a cop.
I think you are sucking up to the members of the system while making fellow members of the NH liberty movement nervous. Choose your friends wisely and your life will go down a better path. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: highline on March 14, 2012, 01:48 PM NHFT
Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 14, 2012, 11:10 AM NHFT
So far I'm just getting...
The end justifies the means. Evoking a Seth line "...system is like making sausage...  it isn't very pretty."  ;D
I suppose out of respect for your questions about this whole ordeal I should just state unequivocally that I absolutely support using the state to protect life and property.

If you, or anyone else, chooses to ostracize me because I am walking a delicate tightrope when trying to help a person I respect from ending up imprisoned for 6 months for corrupt charges, I am willing to accept that ostracization and speak with you respectfully about it.

But that is not the purpose of the state. You are using the wrong tool I guess.
One thing that I have learned during my short time in the more intense parts of the fight for liberty .... is that when you use force it makes decisions much more dangerous. When you are trying to walk down a non-violent path it is much harder for you to hurt people.

highline

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 14, 2012, 04:00 PM NHFT
I think you are sucking up to the members of the system while making fellow members of the NH liberty movement nervous. Choose your friends wisely and your life will go down a better path. :)

Just trying to do my best to keep things civil.   :-\  Either way...  I do appreciate your and Tom's feedback. 

I'll leave you with this...  a blog I wrote about a comment from KBCraig, a man who I do respect: http://freekeene.com/2012/02/20/ive-been-called-out/

Tom Sawyer

Well there seems to be a large gap in between how we see things.

No matter how nicely you try to present it, your first course of action regarding one troll comment was to file a report. Now it seems that I condone violent threats if I don't accept your decision to involve more threats of violence by the machine.

Your use of the phrase "Zero Tolerance" is a telling one Brad. You are of the generation that has been raised under the threat of over reacting.

Apparently without your clients knowledge you went forward in this. When called on it you first try to not feed the story, then invoke that you will do as you see fit.

I was uncertain if I should start this thread when I first approached this issue. Now I have come to realize that it was very much necessary... Loose cannon self righteous (former) cop. I can't help but think of the many times that Brad would be filing reports, because one idiot trolled a thread here.

Coconut

What do you expect the "powers" to do in your fantasy world where off-handed internet comments are threats? Track down Youtube posters, bring them in front of a grand jury, waste their time and money?

In my opinion, Brad got caught up in the excitement of filing government paperwork, and took it too far by reporting a few comments on a site where there are probably a hundred thousand "threats" of violence, rape, and fraud against people every hour.

BJ

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 15, 2012, 06:37 AM NHFT
I was uncertain if I should start this thread when I first approached this issue. Now I have come to realize that it was very much necessary...

I appreciate you doing so, because it's better than talking behind people's backs. I think the real issue is that people are afraid to bring these sorts of things up publicly when the person has a kind of "celebrity" status within the movement. Now, granted, Brad has done some great things in the past...but I don't believe I'm in the wrong for disagreeing with him here.

When I stirred the drama pot on Facebook by calling him out for this (I was the only person to have the balls to say something, IIRC), instead of addressing *why* he was doing it he chose to attack me personally by claiming that I do nothing to advance the cause of liberty here in NH and am just an internet troll. After I reminded him that I made a financial contribution to two of his latest legal efforts (University gun rights and the Talley case) and attempted to volunteer for one of his events in the past, he apologized. Still, this is the kind of shit people have to deal with if they choose to challenge "authority" in the movement.

Tom Sawyer

Thanks...

I think I agree that there is a reluctance of many to go against "celebrity" status people within the movement.

Dissent within certain boundaries is a good thing. Otherwise we can become like what we struggle against.

dalebert

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on March 15, 2012, 10:25 AM NHFT
I think I agree that there is a reluctance of many to go against "celebrity" status people within the movement.

It is intimidating and discouraging. Criticism that is meant to be constructive can make people feel attacked and put people on the defensive. I'm trying to fine tune my approach to cause less of that.

http://forum.shiresociety.com/civil-disobedience-noncooperation-and-jailed-activists/anyone-else-annoyed-by-the-people-harrasing-the-police-at-the-court/msg58494/#msg58494

highline

Quote from: dalebert on March 15, 2012, 12:53 PM NHFT

It is intimidating and discouraging. Criticism that is meant to be constructive can make people feel attacked and put people on the defensive. I'm trying to fine tune my approach to cause less of that.

http://forum.shiresociety.com/civil-disobedience-noncooperation-and-jailed-activists/anyone-else-annoyed-by-the-people-harrasing-the-police-at-the-court/msg58494/#msg58494

I hate the term "celebrity" and respect anyone deciding to disagree and or actively speak against what I chose to do, so long as they are respectful about it...  like all of you have been here.

Thank you for that.

Russell Kanning

Hey Brad. Many of us know that you are moving down a better road then back when you were directly taking orders from The Man. We are just trying to nudge you down the path that guys like Lloyd and Solar Bob have been on for longer than your lifetime. :) They don't hurt anyone and enjoy poking fun at the system.

Remember folks ... Brad is the guy who stated he would involve authoritahhs if he witnessed me smoking illegal weeds at Porcfest. So he might not be the most dangerous undercover cop we have run into. ;)

Russell Kanning

Thanks...

Dissent within certain boundaries is a good thing. Otherwise we can become like what we struggle against.
Strong words from the guy who has been riding the coatttails of the President for years.  >:D

I agree with you Coconut ... especially since you are closer to the action than I am. See we have antiestablishment undercover agents of all ages informing the NH Underground about all important activities. Beware government trolls.

Russell Kanning

And Brad we are taking it easy on you ..... wait and see what we say when you run for office. :)

highline

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 15, 2012, 05:02 PM NHFT
And Brad we are taking it easy on you ..... wait and see what we say when you run for office. :)

:o

:P

Russell Kanning

"Somebody shut the guy in the stripped shirt up. That's? why I carry a gun, to shoot people like him.
jonguyton1 1 month ago"

That didn't take long to find.

I found that comment on this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI&list=FLTl43VNQ5UOIGZY8RKKBjNw&index=27&feature=plpp_video

I think I have rights in some amendment somewhere to not be threatened.