• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

2 different types of 5 liters of wine for $8.99

Started by Fluff and Stuff, March 06, 2012, 10:12 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

sandm000

Hey guys, I just wanted to update you on my new Vegan/Raw Fruitarian Diet. I've been doing pretty good (except I sometimes cheat and consider starbust fruitchews raw fruit, hey they aren't cooked and they don't contain meat, don't judge me.) But I want to tell you that there are some really rude people out there. I took a 2lb bag of frozen berries to work about a month ago. I intended to eat them as breakfast and lunch, you know, probably a bit of an afternoon snack as well. But I got invited to lunch at T-Bones, where I was super good, I just had salad (with a bit of italian dressing) despite the acres of steak around me. When I got back to the office I completely forgot my berries were in the fridge, so I brought a lunch in the following day, forget the berries each morning when I made my lunch. Well this went on for about two weeks, when I had to rush to the office for an early morning meeting, I forgot to pack a lunch. At about 10:30 I had realized my mistake, but then I had an A-Ha moment, realizing that I had a lunch in the fridge here in the office! I thought the day was saved, but alas, when I went to the fridge somebody had eaten my berries. Can you believe it, someone went in, stole my damn berries, and ate them all up. Some people are so rude.

Cheap Wine sounds good.

Fluff and Stuff

You left a non-condiment in the office fridge for 2 weeks?  I'm surprised they didn't charge you rent!

dalebert

2 weeks in a public fridge puts them into public domain, pretty much. They might have even been spoiling and stinking it up.

Jim Johnson

I think the 30 second rule applies to public refrigerators... sort of like, "Any body know who's this is?  Anybody?  No?"

People should at least put their name and a date on things like that, so they can be tracked down, "Hey, are you going to eat that shit or just let it rot in 'our' refrigerator." or "That stuff you put in the frig is crawling all over the other stuff in the frig."

KBCraig

Quote from: dalebert on March 22, 2012, 11:11 AM NHFT
2 weeks in a public fridge puts them into public domain, pretty much. They might have even been spoiling and stinking it up.

Someone left a bag of frozen berries in our shared fridge at work. After two weeks that bag was swelled up tight and well on its way to "mixed berry" wine.

I finally, carefully, sat it in the trash and poked it with a pin to vent the very ripe pressure.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: KBCraig on March 22, 2012, 05:59 PM NHFT
Quote from: dalebert on March 22, 2012, 11:11 AM NHFT

Someone left a bag of frozen berries in our shared fridge at work. After two weeks that bag was swelled up tight and well on its way to "mixed berry" wine.

I finally, carefully, sat it in the trash and poked it with a pin to vent the very ripe pressure.
Pat K!
Is that alcohol abuse?

Pat K

Lloyd Danforth

Kevin's failure to add water, yeast and time to the berries was alcohol abuse!

sandm000

Quote from: KBCraig on March 07, 2012, 08:38 PM NHFT
One of my co-workers left a bag of frozen mixed berries in the refrigerator. After a couple of weeks, that sucker swelled up to the point I was afraid it was gonna blow. I gently placed it in the trash and carefull poked a pinhole in it to vent the gas. The very ripe gas.

I don't know what a gallon of store-brand mixed berries sell for, but probably less than $8.99. Just consider it your "hooch in a bag" kit.

I'm none of the things listed in my post. I didn't do any of the things I said I did. I was just riffing on this post.
Sorry for the confusion.

Tom Sawyer

My faith in humanity is shattered! I can't go on....