• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

City of Keene Parks and Rec. Department

Started by Russell Kanning, December 07, 2005, 06:41 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

What does it matter if I pay property taxes in Keene? Couldn't a vacationing family use the park for a picnic?

Kat Kanning

Maybe we should start a campaign to get rid of all public parks and the whole parks department.

president

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on December 07, 2005, 11:24 PM NHFT
Are you asking fisher to think?
I wish you would think for yourself.
The whole group-think thing you have going is pretty annoying.
I may have to put you on ignore.  ;)

Lloyd Danforth

I sent Mattson a nice, non threatening email, explaining that from reading his email to Alan, it was clear that, as we left the park cleaner than when we found it, last year, his objection was to 'burning flags' and that deciding park usage on his personal opinions about things was not why he was given the authority.

BaRbArIaN

I say you use the facility to have a cookout, then take off the grill to cook marshmallows with.   You can't be responsible for someone accidentally dropping their flag in...ooops!

Kat Kanning

jgmaynard

Yah, hmmmm.... I can't figure out why a guy making 70k/yr and "spending" $9k/year on "telephone" would be so opposed to small government........ Oh wait, yes I can........ :D
If it were on private property, no fire permit is needed if snow is on the ground, and for public property, protests cannot be on the grounds of content. Legally, if one were to get a protest "permit," the decision to issue it has to be "content neutral."
So one option would be to burn the flags on private property and protest his ass right at the Rec Center.... :D

JM

Russell Kanning

He never did answer me on the spending issues. Other departments have huge "telephone" related spending. It must be cell phones or something. How on earth do you spend $9000 with like 18 employees?
Where do you think his office is?

Michael Fisher

Russell Kanning

Quote from: The Baron on December 08, 2005, 10:37 AM NHFT
Nextel perhaps. $40 each/month.
That must be it .... basically everyone in the department is spending more than $30/month on cell phones.

Russell Kanning

I see that your department is spending $9,000 a year on a category called "Telephone". What exactly is included in this line item?

--
Russell Kanning
Keene Free Press

Lloyd Danforth

I'm bringing Hot Dogs, buns and soda for the Barbeque.

Russell Kanning

That will be nice. I don't think we should give any to the city workers.

KBCraig

Quote from: russellkanning on December 08, 2005, 04:46 PM NHFT
That will be nice. I don't think we should give any to the city workers.

Unless they want to defy their boss and participate.  >:D