• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 6

Started by Russell Kanning, January 18, 2007, 09:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Dave Ridley

from bernie bastion

>Sent: Jan 17, 2007 10:24 PM
>Subject: Brown's trial
>
>Hi All,
>
>Today ended the trial. The jury will begin
>deliberation tomorrow morning at 9AM. Once again,
>Ed was not present, and the judge stated to the
>jury he was exercising his right to not appear or
>participate. Elaine did a good job making her
>point, but who knows what the jurors are
>thinking. Elaine is not allowed to go to
>Plainfield. She may be put under different bail
>conditions, which may include wearing a "house
>arrest" bracelet.
>
>As far as Ed's absences: I do not think any
>action to procure his presence will occur unless
>and until the jury makes a guilty finding. The
>jury has been seated longer than they were told,
>so they are likely anxious to wrap things up.
>
>I am planning to go to Plainfield in the morning
>(Thurs.). There isn't a need for me at the
>courthouse. However, some may wish to go and wait
>for a jury decision. Some may wish to bring
>banners for outside displays. Special thanks to
>those who endured the cold to make a real
>presence known. Hope you have warmed up by now.
>
>I hope some of you can come to Plainfield
>tomorrow. Bring cameras and any other supplies to
>make your camping experience most comfortable. I
>do not know what may happen there, but presence
>can be a deterrent to unlawful government action.
>Please pray for the Brown's, and all of those who
>take risks to do what is right.
>
>Please forward this message to all of your
>contacts, and encourage people to make a
>presence, either at the court or in Plainfield.
>The Brown's house address is 401 Center of Town
>Road, Plainfield, New Hampshire, which is only a
>few miles off N.H. Route 12A.
>
>Thank you all for your concern. bernie
>
>PS  I'm sorry if I have not responded to all of
>the individual emails - much to do, not much
>time.
>
>Tonight at 10 PM there will be a radio show about
>the trial. Tune in on your computer @
>http://www.radiofreevermont.org
>
>God Bless all of you
>
>
>
>____________________________________________________________________________________

Dave Ridley

from bernie bastion
Jan 18, 2007 8:58 PM

Hi All,

The trial is over and the verdict in - guilty on
all counts - outrageous but expected.

Elaine is not allowed to go to Plainfield or to
have physical contact with Ed. She is at her
son's house and may already be wearing a "house
arrest" bracelet. The prosecution wanted her
incarcerated. The sentencing is scheduled for
April 24, 2007.

Ed remains in their home in Plainfield and has
some people staying there with him. I was there
today, and all kinds of news people were there.
Watch Fox news and News 4 out of Boston, or read
any newspaper. Calls have been coming to Ed's
from news stations across the country. This is
now national news.

Can you help? Yes, please. If you are able to
visit Ed's place, even for only a little while,
please do. The gov't knows they are not just
walking in and getting Ed's voluntary
cooperation. They also do not want a
confrontation, especially with many innocent
bystanders around. We need to make sure to be
vigilant, and not let Ed be home alone - very
important!  Also, please pray for the Browns. God
Bless all of you. bernie

John

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 19, 2007, 08:03 AM NHFT
The Monitor is reporting that the prosecutor believes a bench warrant has now been issued for Ed.

Please pardon the salty:  FUCK the IRS, Fuck the FBI, & fuck the ATF, et.al.  And FUCK the fedpunks - like the fedprosecutorpunk & and his pal the fedjudgepunk - who just ordered the fedgang to KILL.

May the decent employees (figuring there must still be some) come HOME to their oath.

Hey fedboys & fedgirls, please think about NON-VIOLENCE!  Ever heard of that?

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Jim Davies got a letter in the monitor:

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070119/REPOSITORY/701190338/1029/OPINION03
T
hanks for your reports by Kate Davidson and Margot Sanger-Katz on the Brown case. Generally (and despite the outrages in Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Bay and the Patriot Act) Americans hold a high opinion of our justice system. Yet in Ed Brown we see a man so disgusted with its bias that he says he would rather die than be subject further to its jurisdiction.

I hope your remaining coverage will focus on the facts (more than the opinions) of whether he has reason behind a stance that is clearly either very foolhardy or very brave.

He has stated, for example, that Judge McAuliffe has refused to allow him to present witnesses in his defense. Is that true? If it is even partly true, the U.S. justice system and McAuliffe in particular owe him a profound apology along with an immediate acquittal.

He has said that he presented some 40 motions to this court, yet the judge dismissed them all without reply. Possibly some of them were foolish - I have no idea. But all 40? Why not publish them, so that your readers can see what this case is about, and whether McAuliffe was at all justified to wave them away.

And Ed Brown has said that there is no law obliging him or anyone else to pay a tax on what is earned, by him or anyone else - which appears to be what his trial is all about. Is that true? What specific laws have the prosecution identified to counter that remarkable claim, which would affect us all? And what exactly do their words mean, in context?

Some of your readers would like to know, for if justice is being done here, it should be very clearly seen to be done.

JIM DAVIES

Newbury

Lex

The right tax verdict: Payment not optional
http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070119/REPOSITORY/701190307/1027/OPINION01

Edward and Elaine Brown, the Plainfield couple who have not paid federal income taxes for nearly a decade, are right to hate the U.S. tax code.

Like a coral reef, the 20,000-plus-page code was built by accretion. It is the incomprehensible product of some well-meaning attempts to direct social policy and many self-serving efforts by politicians to reward friends for personal or political gain.

But even though the tax code is an abomination, it's also the law.

The Browns, who were convicted yesterday of numerous counts of tax evasion, broke that law repeatedly and now must suffer the consequences. In Ed Brown's case, we hope the consequences don't include paying with his life. We especially hope he or his supporters, in defense of their views, don't take the lives of anyone else.

As we write, the retired exterminator and a small group of people who agree with his position are holed up at his Plainfield home. Attempts to remove him, Brown warns, will result in a shootout. Elaine Brown surrendered before the verdict and was ordered not to return home. Law enforcement agencies are negotiating with Brown and reportedly have no plans to assault his fortified house.

Like many tax protesters, the Browns base their refusal to pay on novel interpretations of tax law. Nothing in the law compels them to pay federal income taxes, they say, because payment is voluntary. They also say that the federal government has no authority to levy an income tax in New Hampshire and that income from personal labor cannot be taxed. And they argue that Elaine Brown's dental practice earnings are not subject to New Hampshire's business profits tax because the couple's home is on some sort of federal enclave.

Self-serving legal theories like those cited by the Browns are espoused on internet sites and promoted in books by anti-tax militants. Many of them have been tested by the U.S. Supreme Court. Invariably, they fail.

The IRS makes it easy to find scores of pages of information debunking the most common arguments, including the contention that filing a tax return and paying taxes are voluntary. The use of "voluntary" refers only to the ability of taxpayers to list their income and calculate their bills themselves. Filing a return and paying the taxes owed on that income are not voluntary.

The IRS website lists court rulings that confirm its position. But the Browns, and those who take a similar position, reject evidence that conflicts with their personal interpretations of the law.

The Browns may honestly believe that they're right, but determining what a law says or the Constitution means is for the courts, not for citizens.

The Browns should pay everything they owe plus the appropriate IRS penalties. They should also receive prison sentences like those given to similar tax evaders.

The Plainfield protesters and others who fail to file are not heroes or martyrs. They're just people who, blinded by their own rationalizations, are cheating the rest of us.

Patriot

For those who are/were unable to access the Yahoo video of this event (it's different than the CNN version), you can view it at
http://cbs4boston.com/video/?id=27911@wbz.dayport.com

I've also converted this shockwave media file to a WMV file for Windows Media Player if anyone wants it. In case they decide to pull the link, is there somewhere I can upload this video here? Or should I post it on youtube?

Good forum, lets keep getting the word out to all other sources we can find!

God Bless the Republic!!!
Patriot in NY

CNHT

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 19, 2007, 07:05 AM NHFT
Quote from: CNHT on January 19, 2007, 12:41 AM NHFT
Quote from: Paul Kyler Jr on January 19, 2007, 12:39 AM NHFT
Or feeling threatened you could draw a weapon and kill or be killed in broad daylight for all the world to see and feel moved by in someway.

The more you keep advocating violence, the more you will chance being banned since the people who run this board do not condone the initiation of violence.
We have not banned you Jane .... and you threaten violence against anyone that would want to share your well or otherwise infringe on your private property. I don't advocate defensive violence either ... but I am not going to stop all you gun cleaners from talking. :)

Um well that was not agression that was protection with which everyone agreed.
Paul has said he would not be wiling to die for his beliefs but willing to kill for them. How is that different from Iraq? LOL

I guess the violence that is sanctioned is selective?

AlanM

The dehumanization of the Browns campaign has begun. They are not good citizens. We must all pay our taxes, blah, blah, blah. Nothing about the rights of the individual. Only the collective "we". It will intensify from here.
Anyone notice the shift from "their home" to "the compound"?
I, for one, am fed up with the Gov. A Gov that I did not institute, yet it demands my servitude. I will do what I can to quietly monkey-wrench everything the Gov does.
Shorty would not like what is happening to the Browns.

CNHT

Quote from: AlanM on January 19, 2007, 09:16 AM NHFT
The dehumanization of the Browns campaign has begun. They are not good citizens. We must all pay our taxes, blah, blah, blah. Nothing about the rights of the individual. Only the collective "we". It will intensify from here.
Anyone notice the shift from "their home" to "the compound"?
I, for one, am fed up with the Gov. A Gov that I did not institute, yet it demands my servitude. I will do what I can to quietly monkey-wrench everything the Gov does.
Shorty would not like what is happening to the Browns.

MSK has been using charged language to incite negativity ever since she began writing about this. She even brought up some heinous acts that have never really been proven to be associated with 'patriots' but probably were done by foreign terrorist or even our own government. You cannot help but see the associations that are being made.

Use of words like 'militia', or using the word 'compound' to describe their home (which looks more like a yuppie McMansion to me!) all seek to stir up indifference towards the Browns who are non-violent, and have led an exemplary life and never hurt anyone.

Otherwise many more people would be expressing their support for non payment of our illegal tax code than are doing now.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on January 19, 2007, 08:50 AM NHFT
The Plainfield protesters and others who fail to file are not heroes or martyrs. They're just people who, blinded by their own rationalizations, are cheating the rest of us.
Proudly "Ruining it for the rest of us" since 1999. 8)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Patriot on January 19, 2007, 08:54 AM NHFT

I've also converted this shockwave media file to a WMV file for Windows Media Player if anyone wants it. In case they decide to pull the link, is there somewhere I can upload this video here? Or should I post it on youtube?

youtube please .... then the world can see. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: CNHT on January 19, 2007, 09:13 AM NHFT
Um well that was not agression that was protection with which everyone agreed.
Paul has said he would not be wiling to die for his beliefs but willing to kill for them. How is that different from Iraq? LOL
I guess the violence that is sanctioned is selective?
Not me.
Maybe not at all.
We do not sanction violence on this forum. We allow people like you and Paul to express opinions that differ from our own .... most of the time. I think I deleted a really annoying post by Bill Grennon yesterday. :)

I don't really agree with Ed Brown either, but I really don't agree with the feds ..... and Ed has not shot anyone yet. And if the government leaves him alone ... he will leave the feds alone.