• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Main thread for Ed and Elaine Brown vs the evil IRS, Part 9

Started by Lex, January 26, 2007, 01:04 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

mvpel

QuoteInalienable rights are not issues open to deliberation.

Just like the inalienable right to self-defense that is routinely violated by 20,000-odd anti-gun laws on the books.

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

When I help people out, I ramble on and on about love, non-violence, truth, and forgiveness, ad infinitum. If they do not like it, then they do not need my help. :P

I only hope that someone can convince Ed to choose nonviolence before it's too late, since he does place at least a semblance of trust in us. There is little we could do that is more important than that, in my opinion.

Pat K

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 26, 2007, 07:13 AM NHFT
Quote from: Michael Fisher on January 26, 2007, 12:24 AM NHFT
Quote from: BethB on January 25, 2007, 04:27 PM NHFT
I'm not trying to "gather evidence" on them if that is what you are getting to.

Then why are you denying doing something that no one has accused you of doing?

Quote from: BethB on January 25, 2007, 05:01 PM NHFT
I was just wondering how you do what you do and still support yourselves and child financially.  If more people heard about how you do it, more people might be able to have the nerve. I mean how can you spend days in jail and still make ends meet (especially with a child).  The prospect of being in jail with two kids at home and losing my job to boot.  How do you do it?

They do it through simple living and lower consumption, I assume.

As I understand it they invite lots of folks over to watch videos on their 10 inch TV and then live on the chips, dips, and beer that people leave behind

I like the movie time, I see bits of movie, get a nice nap, talk to good folk, argue a little with Russell, Get feed, Russell cooks a good burger.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH this reminds me for the love of all that is good please tell me some one took the BEER off the porch, it will freeze at these low temps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coffeeseven

Quote from: foucault on January 26, 2007, 03:45 PM NHFT
Tax protest legal arguments aren't just weak; they are useless.  No one has ever won using them in the  forty or so years they've been around.

Vernice Kuglin won. Brent Johnson has never been challenged (that I know of) because he has no "income", but claims his system to be bulletproof. I was a student of his, now I much prefer Gandi.

This is such a shame that this whole three-ring circus is an argument about the use of, and taxes on, a currency that has no backing. It's not worth the paper it's printed on. I hope the whole house of cards falls as a result of Ed Brown et al.

Minsk

Quote from: Pat K on January 26, 2007, 04:59 PM NHFT
OHHHHHHHHHHHH this reminds me for the love of all that is good please tell me some one took the BEER off the porch, it will freeze at these low temps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That, right there, that's a hangin' offense :D

Russell Kanning

Some things are sacred ... they are "under the table and dreaming".

Pat K

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 26, 2007, 05:47 PM NHFT
Some things are sacred ... they are "under the table and dreaming".

:) you guys are the best, fighting for freedom and still have time to protect the BEER !!

Blain

Lloyd Danforth

Reminded me of Vivian Kellems an early Tax Hero. I googled her name and went to the first page:        http://www.givemeliberty.org/NoRedress/STOP/VivianKellemsTrial.htm

and found this:

In CHEEK v. UNITED STATES, 498 U.S. 192 (1991), the court said that even "objectively unreasonable" beliefs as to a legal duty to file could be a defense to the charge.

"Congress did not intend that a person, by reason of a bona fide misunderstanding as to his liability for the tax, as to his duty to make a return, or as to the adequacy of the records he maintained, should become a criminal by his mere failure to measure up to the prescribed standard of conduct." Id., at 396.   ... the standard for the statutory willfulness requirement is the ?voluntary, intentional violation of a known legal duty.'"

"It was therefore error to instruct the jury to disregard evidence of Cheek's understanding that, within the meaning of the tax laws, he was not a person required to file a return or to pay income taxes and that wages are not taxable income, as incredible as such misunderstandings of and beliefs about the law might be. Of course, the more unreasonable the asserted [498 U.S. 192, 204] beliefs or misunderstandings are, the more likely the jury will consider them to be nothing more than simple disagreement with known legal duties imposed by the tax laws, and will find that the Government has carried its burden of proving knowledge."

In short, in Cheek, the Supreme Court ruled that one's belief's -- no matter their content -- constitute a viable defense against tax crimes where "willful intent" is one of the elements of the crime.

guy

Quote from: DadaOrwell on January 25, 2007, 10:26 AM NHFT
just about the best place to get gas on the way to ed's is on granite street (exit six I think) in manchester just west of HWY 293.....very cheap.  one of the pumps refused to give me the low grade gas however one time. 

The gas stations at exit 10 off of 93 have among Manchester's lowest prices.  One of them is currently offering 87 octane for $2.02/gal.

These stations can be reached from exit 7 off 293 as well.  Go about 1/2 mile north from the exit.

coffeeseven

Quote from: foucault on January 26, 2007, 06:03 PM NHFT
Quote from: coffeeseven on January 26, 2007, 05:38 PM NHFT
Vernice Kuglin won.

Define "won".  She's having her wages garnished from $200,000 a year to $285 a paycheck.  She may never get out of debt with the tax liens she has outstanding.

Brent Johnson has never been challenged (that I know of) because he has no "income", but claims his system to be bulletproof.

Brent Johnston sells pure trusts.  The Browns tried to use pure trusts.  See my post earlier about con artists selling junk.

TROLL

Wrong both times.

John

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 26, 2007, 10:16 AM NHFT
Open Letter to Ed Brown Regarding Dave  . . .

If I had to name which Freestater has done the most work for freedom in NH, I'd probably pick Dave . . .

Dave (as usual, on Liberty issues) was alerting us, NH folks in general, the US, and the world - via the internet - about the Brown's case long before it ever showed up on most people's radar.

Dave continues unharmed in his support of Liberty & Justice.

Thank you Mr. Ridley!

KBCraig

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.